Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Gah, I'll video call you later, after dinner." he promised. "You better answer it! And you better not judge me from the pajamas I'm wearing tonight. And we gotta practice our 'verses and lines' remember?" 

"Through a video call?" I cocked an eyebrow. 

He nodded excitedly. "Yup! Anyways, I'm going now!" he smiled, softly pinching my cheek, before waving me a goodbye. 

Mom opened the door for me, before pulling me in a hug, her gaze following Taehyung. "Oh, the boy's your friend?" 

My brows furrow as I pull away and slide off my shoes and place them on the shoe racket. "Yeah. You know him?" 

She nodded and turned to Dad, "Hey, turns out our number one customer and Suyung are good friends. He even walked her home. Is there anything happening between both of you?" 

I blushed and furiously shook my head. "N-No! Nothing. And what do you mean number one customer?" 

Dad continued to spray water on the flowers, "He always goes here to buy different kinds of flowers every time he does. He's a nice young man." 

I pursed my lips and nodded, before making my way to my room. I should ask him about that when we see each other tomorrow. No wonder he seemed pretty happy when he found out I lived here. 

I flopped down on my bed. 

Right after dinner, I sat cross-legged on my bed and started searching an app in my phone that may contain a 'video call'. I've been doing it for the past 5 minutes, when Taehyung ended up calling me. 

I smiled and answered it, a bit surprised when a video of him and me popped up. 

"This is what you call a video call, Suyung!" he said, smiling at me. 

"I'm not used to it

"I'm not used to it." I commented, watching myself move in the screen. But I did prefer it than calling. It was way better, I guess. "But it's nicer than just calling. I get to see you." 

"You do!" he smiled enthusiastically. "Suyung, Namjoon texted me a while ago that we should go early to school early tomorrow. The whole day for us is practice for the next few days." 

He seemed to be really happy about it, making me laugh softly. "You don't like class, don't you? I saw your test in math a few days ago. You should really ask me if you need any tips. I'm an academic." I said proudly.  

"Gah, I should!" he said, running his fingers through his hair. "I just didn't know you were good at math.. Also.. who do you ship in our group?" 

I scoffed, "Is that even a question? Jaehee and Jungkook!" 

He laughed, "Hmm.. yeah! They are cute. But don't you ship Namjoon and Seokjin-hyung as well?" 

My laugh followed. "Well, I guess they are pretty cute together. But it's not like they'll end up liking each other anyways. How about you.. ship yourself with anyone?"