Chapter Eleven

Matt waited patiently for Tom to think of something he loved about Tord. Of course, in Matt's mind, Tom was picking one thing out of the long list of lovable qualities he's found in Tord.

However, that's far from the truth.

The only things that fills Tom's mind is a list of things that he hated about Tord, and somehow turn them around to look like lovable qualities. There is not one thing about Tord that the eyeless man could think of that's tolerable.

"Matt," Tom said thoughtfully, trying his best to sound distressed, "I feel like Tord doesn't love me back." The word 'love' tasted like poison and rancid milk on his tongue. Both equally disgusting.

Matt looked worried and hopefully Tom was sporting a convincing look at self-pity. He needed to look distressed and unloved, but in actuality he was feeling distaste for the man that he apparently 'loves'.

"That's the problem," Matt sighed out, "if you keep feeling unloved, the flowers will come back."

Tom almost wanted to laugh. Tord hates Tom and Tom knows this. Tom hates Tord and Tord knows this. Yet, there is nothing that's hurting in this throat as he thinks this. There's no flowers and there's no hurt or pain. This could be a question to ask as to why, but that can be saved for later.

"I can't help it. I saw him downstairs and he said I smelled bad. He hates me." Tom sounded so much like a troubled midwife as he said this. The words echoed in his head, revealing to him that he really was just as pathetic as he was making himself out to be. Here he is, stooping so low that he has to convince the dumbest person in the house that he is in love with the one person he wouldn't mind committing murder to.

However, his plan is working so far in regards to Matt. The one person that he needs it to work on is the person he's convincing people of loving. Tord. But, unlike Matt, Tord isn't easy to fool.

With all this thinking, Tom almost didn't hear what Matt said next.

"Maybe you need to shower more often!" The ginger says this as if that could cure all of Tom's problems. Little does that stupid narcissist know, that's the least of his worries. No, the number one thing he has to worry about is if he can even go on and pretend to love Tord. That idiot Norwegian, probably sitting outside on the doorsteps, smoking a cigar and thinking he has it so tough. He's probably sighing out and holding his head, thinking he's so stressed. Please. The only problems he has in life is whether he should've saved that hentai video to his phone or to his computer, and even then that is nothing compared to Tom's problems.

Tom has real life problems. Tord is a kid.

"I said. He thinks I smell bad." Tom gritted out, all the thinking and fretting tainting his mind and making him nearly snap at Matt. And the ginger reacts, but Tom is too busy glaring at the floor and thinking to see how he reacts. He's just staring and thinking and staring and thinking.

"You both need to be nicer to one another," Matt says with a look of motherly disappointment, "Forget everything and just look him in the eyes and tell him he has a good sense of smell!" He says this as if complimenting Tord will make such a difference that it will bring all the continents together to form Pangea again. Tom, however, begs to differ and wants a drink.

"Okay." Tom says and he wants to stand up and leave and go to the kitchen and drown in a cardboard box filled with Smirnoff bottles that he keeps under the sink.

"Are you going to compliment him?" Matt might be able to read Tom's mind, because he must know that the no-eyed male is gearing to stand up and leave.

"Sure."

"Okay then, but remember this: When complimenting someone, you need to say it in a nice tone! People love nice tones and compliments! Okay?" Matt's tone is happy. If Tom talked, his tone would be pissed and tired. It's hard to achieve what people expect from you.