two | new earth pt. 2

the last of their kind !

( ii. something wrong )

"The sisters have taken a life long vow to heal and mend." The cat explained as she led the Doctor and Karielle through the sickness ward. The Angel hummed in response.

Karielle was having a hard time focusing on anything. Another fact about Angels was that they were very empathic and telepathic, some more than others and Karielle was at the top of that list.

There were so many thoughts floating around, so much pain that needed to be taken away and Karielle could, if she really wanted too. The problem was that once she healed one, they would all want to be healed. Another problem with this though, was that she wasn't at full power. Falling and gaining human qualities made it harder to control her abilities.

"Rafael should be here." She thought as she glanced around at all the sick people. Guilt began to spread through her chest. "He should be here healing the people, but he can't. He's dead and I'm responsible."

A loud cough brought the girl out of her depressing thoughts. She cleared her throat. Depressing was not really Karielle's thing. She was more of an 'Act like you don't care' person. She brushed her own sadness and tragedies off. Most angels didn't have emotions such as guilt or love. But Lucifer welcomed her into the world of feelings and now she couldn't escape it.

A women had been standing by a man, who looked deadly ill. This very same women looked very uptight and stepped in front of the Doctor and Karielle. She kind of reminded the angel of her brother, Michael.

"Excuse me!" Karielle looked over at the lady, boredly. "Members of the public can only gaze upon the Duke of Manhattan with written permission from the Senate of New New york." Karielle rolled her eyes. "Rules." Something the Angel had a trouble following.

The Doctor ignored the lady. "But that's Petrifold Regression. Right?"

"I'm dying, Sir. A lifetime of charity and abstinence, and it ends like this." Karielle withheld another eye roll. She had never had to deal with sickness before but from what she had seen, Humans tended to be dramatic when ill.

"Any statements made by the Duke of Manhattan will not be made public without official clearance." The lady hissed in a rather high pitched voice. Karielle bit the bottom of her lip to stop a smile from spreading out on her face. The Doctor noticed Karielle's humored expression and nudged her.

"Frau Clovis!" The duke called out. The uptight lady scurried over to the Duke. "I'm so weak."

"Again with the dramatics."