Another deal

After restaurant when we returned back home I stopped Krish.

''What are you trying to prove here Krish? First you stayed the night at my room, then this evening you were so openly affectionate with me, you made coffee for me, holding my hands in Iskon and then after the game you made me feed you. Why are you doing all this?''

''I want this marriage to work. I want to win your heart all right. I have feelings for you Kriti. I can't even think of my life without you anymore .''he said frustrated.

I was stunned at this revelation. Krish has started to like me. How could this be possible?

''Krish we are so different from each other. You have mistaken the care you have for me as feelings. I don't think we are a good match .''

''Where's the problem? I love you and I bet if you give me a chance you will start at least liking me. We can make this marriage work. I promise I would never come between you and your Lord but I need you in my life. ''

''You can't take important decisions of your life in just 2 months. Its because of circumstances that we are together. Look you deserve better. You need a strong girl in your life. Not someone as shy and insecure as I am. Krish honestly speaking you are way out of my league. All this feelings you are talking of are just misplaced guilt you have in your heart for insulting me. ''

''Okay Kriti I heard your logic. Can I ask you for something?'' I nodded in reply. ''We are going to Pachmarhi. For once just consider me as your life partner. Give me a chance to prove my feelings to you. If after coming back from this trip you still feel that I don't have true feelings towards you then I will accept whatever you say. If I succeed in proving my love towards you then you have to give this marriage a chance. ''

I had no reply to that. I had seen how much difficulties he has endured in his lifetime. If he really needs me then I would be there for him but I feel that his heart and mind are struggling right now. He doesn't understand himself. I was sure after this trip he will change his mind.

''Okay Krish I promise you that if after this trip you still feel that you love me then I will accept this marriage. It won't be a compromise anymore. '' It was a very big promise. Both of our lives depended on it. With a small nod of acknowledgement we both made our way to our respective rooms. The trip was on Wednesday so I still had two more days to work.

The next day passed with tight and busy schedule. I didn't get an extra second to rest. All I did was work and studies but thankfully Tuesday was holi which meant one day rest from college. All though I had to go to coaching but classes were in evening. In Indore Holi festival is not as pompous as Rangpanchmi. So on Holi most of the coaching centers took classes. I wished Happy Holi to my Kanha and worshipped him with several sweets and Gujhiya (a sweet dish) I have prepared. It was a tradition on Holi in my family to prepare Gujhiya. 

After worshiping him I applied some Gulal to my Kanha and was about to make his idol do the same to me when two hands grabbed me by my waist from behind and fistful of Gulal was smeared on my face which completely ruined my dress

After worshiping him I applied some Gulal to my Kanha and was about to make his idol do the same to me when two hands grabbed me by my waist from behind and fistful of Gulal was smeared on my face which completely ruined my dress. I turned around to fight with the culprit which was Krish. 

''Krish that's so not fair. You ruined my dress and my face. '' I said angry at my red face and now red dress.

''Come on dear!!! Don't be such a killjoy. Its Holi and besides you are so fair and I have dusky skin. Today I will make sure to completely eliminate this color difference between us. ''

''As If I would let you. Let's play Holi. And Let me tell you one thing Its my favorite festival and I am gonna take revenge from you for ruining my dress.'' With those words I caught Krish Off guard and colored his face with blue Gulal. Blue was my favorite color and I have heard that by coloring your loved once with blue gulal we can increase the love. After that I had always worshiped my Lord with blue color. I only had blue color presently.

But as I smeared Krish with blue Gulal I stopped all of a sudden. In my playful mood I had completed the same ritual I always do with Kanha to Krish. But before I can completely go over these thoughts Krish took hold of my hands and dragged me outside where all my friends were waiting. ''You all are here. That's amazing. '' I said in awe.

''Yes Kriti, Krish called all of us here to surprise you. ''said Meethi. ''He thought It will make you happy as you always celebrated Holi with your family. He has organised everything as per your choice on his own though we helped with invitations. '' 

''You are lucky to have a husband like him,'' said Sneha. 

I looked up at Krish. ''Thank you so much Krish. It means a lot to me .''

'' Anything for you Kriti,'' as he said that our eyes met and for the first time I noticed that he had chocolate brown eyes. All his features were so irresistible that I wasn't aware when I completely lost myself in his eyes. I was looking into his eyes forgetting the whole world when he winked at me and the contact between our eyes lost. My whole face turned dark shade of red and I coughed to come out of my reverie but I knew that Krish has noticed how lost I was into him.

In order to avoid any more awkwardness I made my way to my friends. They were right. Krish had done a lot of arrangements. Beautiful colors of various variety were kept in different plates. A tank was filled with colored water. The families of my friends were all there. DJ was playing various songs and most of the students of our college were invited. They were all dancing and enjoying the festival of colors. 

I was not very popular in my college but most of my classmates asked me to introduce them to Krish and they were amazed to know that I was married to Krish. As we were very different from each other one of them asked me if our marriage is love marriage or arranged marriage. I had no idea how to reply but Krish came forward and took my hands in his own. ''We met on a road trip and fell for each other. Her family was against our marriage so we ran away together. '' he replied .After that our marriage was the hottest topic of Holi celebrations.

We all were enjoying the party when all of a sudden all couples present there started to dance together as a slow song came. Krish extended his hands towards me. I took hold of his hands and for the first time become suddenly aware of the proximity I was sharing with him. He had a playful smile on his face. He placed both of his hands on my waist and guided my arms around his neck. He leaned down and whispered in my ear, '' ready to go.''  His hot breath ghosted over my neck and the fragrance of his cologne filled my senses. My heart started beating erratically. What was happening to me? I was so confused. Instead of pulling away immediately Krish let his lips softly touch my neck and let it linger for few seconds. His unexpected gesture provoked an electric spark that stayed with me for a while. I shivered instantly not knowing weather it was a good or a bad feeling. As he moved apart and we continued to dance I told myself again and again that I don't want to experience this ever. 

Colors were flying and scattering all around me. The whole setup was so beautiful. I had no idea that this was a beginning of a flame that was going to burn forever and ever between us. 

After Holi celebrations I went to my room to reflect on all the events of today. I felt an unknown pleasure in replaying the moments between me and Krish. When even after trying so hard I failed to stop thinking about Krish I told myself about coaching and tried to swat my thoughts by plugging an earphone in. We were going to Pachmarhi tomorrow. I had no idea what was going to happen in my life anymore.

***********************************************************************************************