Joe follows him as well, sending a wink and a smile at Amelia. He was the one who calmed me down and told me nothing is over yet once I found out Amelia is locked away. It's almost as if he has something planned; with Joe you never know.

"Amelia Cortez," King Henry speaks. "That is your real name, is it not?"

Despite her situation, Amelia still shows respect, sinking into a curtsy. "It is, your Majesty."

"And what was your objective? To let your father and his pack of pirates roam my kingdom and eventually destroy it? Who gave you the right to show your face in here and decieve us all?" He accusingly asks, his temper slowly showing.

"I wasn't aware being a pirate's daughter was such a crime," Amelia calmly replies. "If I knew that children are blamed for the mistakes of their parents, I would never have dared to come here."

"Don't be arrogant," he snaps.

"I talked to my father and he told me what is coming your way, your Majesty," she says. "Your kingdom shall be invaded and it is a matter of days before it happens."

"You dare threaten me?" The King furiously demands, his fists clenching.

Joe widens his eyes, dragging his palm over his throat a few times in a gesture to let her know to stop talking. Then he makes a choking gesture as if he has a rope hanging around his neck, his tongue sticking out.

"It's not a threat, it's a fact and a friendly warning for you," Amelia continues. "You should also know your brother will be the one leading the attack, so maybe you should consider preparing a cell for him as well. I guess both of us have black sheeps in our families."

I can feel pure anger radiating off my father as I stare at Amelia in shock. If there was even a slim chance he would let her go, now it's surely gone. The King steps closer and glares down at her, his jaw locking.

"Do you know the gravity of your accusation? Do you realise you have just dared to-"

"It's not an accusation, it's reality! Your brother is behind every single attack on your ships!"

"-accuse the King of Darkland, my brother, of something so vile and despicable?" He continues, ignoring her.

"I'd been watching for years as his soldiers and pirates ravaged and destroyed my home, killed innocent people and children, violated women and stole from their homes! I had to grow up and watch as rich noblemen came there for their own pleasure and dirty business, not caring about our suffering, I had to watch as your own soldiers turned their heads the other way when we asked for their help, I had to live in fear every single day of my life and I had decided it was enough when I met your son!"

"Silence!" My father shouts.

"I never hid my true intentions, I just wanted safety for my home yet you gave it to the one who endangered it in the first place! My father works for King Edgar and it is time for you to finally see the truth!" Her chest is heaving by the time she's done, everything she's been holding back finally being out in the open.

My face pales and my knees almost buckle from the news, palm rubbing my face. Her dark eyes meet mine and I can see anguish written all over her expression. She has warned me about my uncle more than once, but I always refused to listen despite constantly claiming I trust her. But how could I believe someone is capable of killing their own family in order to obtain more power?

Zayn clears his throat. "Every word Amelia said is true. You can kill us-"

"Um, I have to object to that..." Silas mutters, raising his hand and Lilly does the same.