Daydreaming

Ok, I think this is actually the royal family's carriage in England but it was the only decent picture I could find, so I hope you get the idea.

It had been a few days since her visit to the castle but she couldn't seem to get the mysterious mans chocolate eyes out of her mind, it didn't matter what she was doing whether it be stirring the stew pot, reading her book, sweeping the floor or feeding the chickens everything seemed to remind her of him, the gentle way he looked at her, his keen gaze upon her, the warmth of his skin, the sparks from where they made contact, the memory of his scent, it was driving her wild.

Why was she feeling this way? A man she'd only met once a man they barely shared more than a few sentences with a man that would have no interest in her whatsoever, not to mention the fact she was married! As much as she hated and despised Jason with every part of her being, she was raised an old fashioned girl, and to her marriage vows meant something- besides the fact it most likely meant the life of her father should she do anything to tick off Jason.

Her face healed, she went to talk to her father and bring him some of her cooking, he looked older somehow to her seeing his pale face and dark circles beneath his normal bright eyes she had a horrible feeling deep down in her gut the realisation every child has to bear at some time in they're life, her father wasn't getting any younger and could no longer do the things of a young man anymore, he would need more and more looking after as time went on.

Setting a large bowl of stew and some fresh bread for him they sit down beside the fire and begin to reminisce like old times, she remembered her father reading her stories as a small child, hoping it would set her on the track to sleep but instead it awakening her even more to the adventures out there, her always begging him for just one more and he tickling her until she gave in and cuddled under the covers, each coming to the silent agreement of one more story as long as she vowed to stay in bed and go to sleep straight after.

"Papa........ what do you know of the castle?"

His spoon just millimetres from his mouth froze in shock of her question out of nowhere

"Now how do you know about the castle?" His eyebrows raised at her as he leans back in the chair

"Er...... Jason......I must've heard Jason mention it........ he's in the forest all the time" never any good at lying especially to her father, she makes herself look calm by carrying on eating her food

"Right" seemingly happy with her explanation he doesn't quite believe but carries on talking anyway

"Rumours have it there's some kind of monster living there, well, roaming the grounds at least once a man and ruler of this country, an enchantress cast a spell on him to forever remain a beast. Many have tried to kill it or at least see it, but none have come back. You can hear its howl in the middle of the nights now and then, louder and more aggressive than any wolf pack or bear you've heard in your life, some say it mourns for the life it once had, others say its hungry for its next victim, who knows, that rumours been going on for generations each time something new added to it"

"I see........ so none have been inside the castle and lived to tell about it" Speaking to herself rather than out loud, she can't help but wonder if it was deliberate she was still alive, just a fluke, or whether any of these rumours were exactly just that- rumours.

They began to eat again in their comfortable silence, her father could see Kate was in deep thought about something he could see something in her eyes made them sparkle ever so slightly but he could see it non the less, something he hadn't seen them do in such a long time. He hated her being wed to Jason and protested fiercely against it but she wouldn't listen, Kate wanted to save her fathers life and that was that. Since then her eyes have become dull and emotionless, holding no life or want for adventure like they always used to, no excitement lay behind them when she read a book that fascinated her so much so she couldn't put it down until it was finished, she didn't even paint anymore.

Her mother bought her paper, paint and brushes for one of her birthdays and she adored it. She sat for days painting away different mini masterpieces until all of the paper was almost gone her parents found places for them all, whether on the wall or the kitchen cupboards or on the fridge, they were so proud of her and encouraged her to pursue whatever made her happy, her eyes sparkled and her cheeks glowed with contentment and happiness, that Kate it seemed no longer existed and it broke her fathers heart.

"So...... what's new with you?" Not wanting to pry too much but wanting some sort of explanation as to why she looked just a tiny bit like her old self again, maybe Jason had changed? Maybe he wasn't the brute everyone knew him to be and finally treating her the way she should be treated? Nah, as soon as the thought came into his head he scoffed at the very idea and pushed it out his mind again, there's no way that could be it. He'd said it often she should leave him to hell with the consequences, he would face whatever come his way he only cared about his daughter but she would have none of it, she cared deeply for her father he was the only family she had left and if putting up with that brute meant keeping her family alive she would do it.

She started twirling with her hair, something she always done when her mind was wondering or when she was nervous, he could tell something was on her mind but she just smiled warmly at him and shook her head

"It's nothing papa, how was your food?" Reaching her hand out to take his bowl

"Delicious as always dear, arigatou" he tilted his head at her as she came closer, he could see there was something there, something glimmering behind her eyes but if she was not ready to say anything he wouldn't press the matter. He prayed with all his might she wasn't pregnant, but then if she was expecting child with that brute of a husband she wouldn't be happy about it, rather mortified by the possibility than anything.

Besides, she couldn't be pregnant for she hid pills in her bottom draw for when he did force himself upon her she was ready to take action the next day. There was no way she would be willing to get impregnated by that man, she had to hide them for fear of his reaction if he ever found out.

"See you again soon papa, oyasumi nasai" they hug each other and he waves while watching her walk down the path back to her nightmare, he couldn't help but notice she always dragged her feet on the way back whereas she had a slight skip in her step when walking towards the small cottage she would always call her home.

Returning back to the house and leaving the pot on a low fire for when Jason returned she went and prepared a hot bath, locking the door she slipped into the warm water letting it wash away her aches trying to forget a certain pair of chocolate eyes but it was no good, butterflies erupting in her stomach they started traveling further and further down her body until, she jolted upright in the water when she felt a sudden rush of want and desire in the lowest part of her v.

Her eyes wide with what it could mean, why was she feeling this way about a near stranger I mean she didn't even know his name yet her body was betraying the logic part of her brain, her lustful desires grew deep within the pits of her stomach it drove her mad.

Pushing the wants of her body out of her mind she made herself promise she was not going to see him again, as much as it made her heart ache of not seeing his face again not seeing his large muscular body tense and flex beneath his clothes, not see his chocolate brown eyes gaze at her intently, not feeling the warmth of his touch against her own skin.

No. She would not go back to the castle.

What do you think so far?

Should she go back?

Should she stay faithful to her marriage?

Don't forget to vote please
Thanks Xx