---- (Beast)

Awakening to an almost deafening silence of the castle I growl in annoyance of not dying in my sleep, I could go days without even leaving my room despair taking over completely.

Finally picking up the encouragement to drag myself downstairs I'm met with the sound of the servants cooking and cleaning throughout the house, not greeting any of them except Mrs.Tremaine she was practically in charge of the whole castle and would always send Ben to check on me, when everyone else seemed scared of me just by me looking at them. Ben had been at my side for years whether it be to supply with alcohol or women of the night from neighbouring towns, he would try anything to try and calm me down before the monster took hold again which would never work, he's even chained me in the basement at my own request the first few times I changed but it was to no use the monster was too strong to be held captive and would always get out.

But that's what you want right? Everyone to leave you alone

Shut up Beast I will not hear you today

I was the master of this castle after all, and everyone knew to stay away from the monster when he got angry. The eternal loneliness swallowing me whole sometimes I pushed everyone away and often lost my temper, there was no one here I cared for enough to control myself for.

Reaching one of the very few mirrors that weren't smashed into tiny shards, I momentarily gaze upon my reflection the cool grey eyes of stone looking upon myself with disgust. Sure I took my human form now because I let my hunger take over, but when I needed feeding or lost my temper the beast would rear its ugly head once more, even Mrs. Tremaine and my servant Ben caught my backlash- once she was left with three deep scratches down the top of her arm, they healed ok thankfully not damaging any of the major vessels or nerves, Ben couldn't hide his scars as easily they were on full show right down the side of his face, each were now left with deep crevasses as a permanent reminder to all to stay away from me for their own good, to stay away from the beast.

I was no good to anyone, I'd learnt that a long time ago when nothing I'd done got rid of this dreaded curse, each time the monster inside me took over part of my human side broke away, broke away my already fractured mind, broke away part of my free spirit as a human being, I couldn't even remember how long things had been this way but like the darkness of the night takes over the suns rays with such aggressiveness as night falls so too does the darkness in my mind, the darkness deep within my soul turning my heart black and charred.

"M-master!" a small voice from the doorway of the kitchen, finally leaving my gaze at the mirror I turn to see a small framed girl with long blonde hair shaking profusely at realising my presence so near "w-would you like m-me to get s-something for you" the dishes in her arms rattling and banging together at her nervousness, her eyes wide like a deer stuck in headlights, like some prey had finally seen its predator and knew this was the end, frozen in the spot.

Ooh she's scared of us! Come on let me out and have some fun, she looks delicious

I told you to hush up didn't I?!

I used to care that everyone was afraid of me, everyone had drawn their own conclusions as to who- or rather what I was- but that side of me was gone, withered away to practically nothing. I had no pity, no remorse, no feelings whatsoever.

"Food" my cold steel eyes turn away from her as I walk towards the large dining room, trailing my thick black cloak behind me I sit at the head of the table on the large dark wood chair and rest my arms on the wooden sides of the chair which had small cushions fixed to them and waited for my food. Waited in the silence of the once bustling castle, the table that could easily seat 20 or so feeling overwhelmingly large when empty, dust collecting on all the chairs but mine.