7: panicking at the disco

Start from the beginning

     She let her hair wander in its natural state, decorating her features as she walked towards were Isaac was, her eyes slowly looking at him up and down as he had yet to put on his shirt, using his hands to try and style his mop of hair. Grace giggled to herself, walking over to him. He looked back at her, his eyes dilating as he caught sight of her, the platforms she wore making her stand with his lips at the same level as her eyes. "I'll help you," she said softly, realizing how close they stood. She raised her hands a bit as she styled his curly brunette hair.

     Isaac looked down at her, his eyes scanning hers in a trace as he muttered a small 'thanks'. She gave him a smile in return as she turned on her heels and left, leaving the werewolf in a trance at her sight.

•••

     "So Derek wants this done in chemistry?" Erica asked Isaac, making Grace furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

     "Derek wants what done in chemistry?" She asked, looking up at both of them since they both towered over her. Erica sighed as she looked at the floor, leaving Isaac to spill the beans on their plan.

     "We're gonna test Lydia," he answered, his blue eyes looking down at hers, "To see if she's the kanima."

     Grace scoffed, "A snake can't be poisoned by its own venom," she acknowledged, raising an eyebrow, "You think Lydia's the kanima?"

     "That's what we're gonna find out," Erica said, her blonde locks bouncing on her shoulders as her stare moved towards Isaac.

     "Well, you won't find anything out," Grace said, letting out a chuckle, "I know Lydia. She's not the kanima. Trust me, she wouldn't even lift a finger if it meant that her nails would get chipped. She may be a class-A bitch, but she's not a snake."

     "Well, let's see, shall we?" the blonde said, the three of them walking towards the chemistry classroom. They entered at the same time as Stiles and Scott, who seemed to already know that their plan was to test her. They moved rapidly next to Lydia, sitting there in time only because Grace held Erica and Isaac back. Grace's platforms tapped on the tiles as she found her way towards the seats behind Lydia, Scott, and Stiles, Erica and Isaac sitting down on both her sides.

     "What the hell was that?" Erica whispered loudly at Grace, referring to when she held them back so they wouldn't get to sit next to the strawberry blonde.

     Grace got out a pen, pretending to hear what the professor was saying as she glared at Erica, "I don't play for either team, but Lydia's still my friend, and if this little experiment doesn't work then there'll be a strawberry blonde teenager paralyzed from the neck down in the middle of a classroom. She may be a bitch, but I won't let that happen," she whispered, making Erica let out a frustrated breath, her hands starting to claw at the end of the table.

     "Einstein once said: "two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." I, myself, have encountered infinite stupidity," Mr. Harris started, his hand resting on Stiles's shoulder to indicate he was talking about him, "So, to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. Or, in Mr. Stilinski's case, less than one. Erica, you take the first station. You'll start with--," he said but was cut off by the commotion that came from the many boys who wanted to be Erica's partner, "I didn't ask for volunteers. Put your hormonal little hands down. Start with Mr. McCall."

     Scott let out a small groan as he and Erica were seated. Grace stayed in the same place with Isaac next to her, starting out the experiment whilst keeping an eye on Erica and Scott. She could hear their conversation perfectly clear. She tensed up as she saw Erica's hand going up his thigh, avoiding his member by a couple of inches. Isaac kept an eye on Grace, furrowing his eyebrows as he smelled worry coming off her. Scott pushed her hand away from his thigh, his jaw clenching as he looked at the blonde dead in the eye. "You're not my type."