Chapter 30

"Wait! Does this mean that Angels oversee all Reaper's Games? Since every UG area has a Producer?" Shiki asked. Mr. Hanekoma and I nodded, as I felt the breeze of the wind gently brush against my skin. Mr. Hanekoma was leaning against the wall near me as Joshua sat down on toppled over vending machine, crossing his legs as he busied himself with his orange flip phone.

"That's correct. An Angel is chosen to be the Producer and watch over a certain UG area, but the only person who is allowed to know their true identity is the Composer. In this case, Joshua is the only one who is supposed to know, unless you happen to be another Angel. Our job is to make sure everyone plays the Reaper's Game to the Composer's liking and make sure no rules are broken. However, we cannot directly interfere with the Game," Mr. Hanekoma answered. Beat scratched the back of his neck as his eyes glanced upward, seeming to be confused by what was being said, as everything went in one ear and out the other. Rhyme nodded in an understanding matter as she swung her legs over the edge of a random object Joshua had previous made appear. Neku lifted his head up from the large collar of his shirt.

"Does this mean that you knew about Joshua being the Composer during my second week in the Game?" Neku asked Mr. Hanekoma who smiled sheepishly and shrugged. When Mr. Hanekoma was about to answer, Joshua beat him to the punch.

"That's right Neku. And he was helping me during that week too and chose to keep quiet about it. But, Mr. H did help us both out. After all, without him, your phone would still not have a camera. Why didn't it have one anyway? Some girls love having pictures taking with people they like you know."

"It's an older model, clearly. But why were you trying to jack your own city? Just what were you trying to do? Dragging me around with some tracker on your phone. What was it following?"

"Oh don't you worry your pretty little head over it. It just had to do with my game with Megumi," Joshua said, brushing off the question, then wincing as he moved his injured arm. Neku raised an eyebrow at Joshua before his eyes glanced over to his shoulder, seeing the dried blood on the sleeve as there was a trail of blood that dripped down his arm.

"You should just not move that arm Joshua. It's injured if you couldn't tell," I pointed out, looking at my own injured leg which hurt to apply pressure on. Various cuts were around my body, but were only a minor concern to me.

"Thank you, dear," Joshua said with the roll of his eyes. Neku looked at Joshua then back to me, before deciding that it wasn't necessary to try and get anymore answers out of Joshua, who was avoiding answering about the Reaper's Game when he played. Neku sighed.

"And this guy, Nikolai, was wanting to kill you three for some kind of power," Neku concluded. I nodded and held a hand up to my face and brushed a piece of my hair behind my ear. The wind only pushed it lightly back into my face as I huffed, trying to put it back behind my ear, only to find that it was pointless, giving up.

"Yeah, not exactly a pleasant thought, and I've seen this guy more than this once. Me and him have a small history together. He kidnapped me in the first place and things just got carried away after that. But Neku, something you need to look out for, is the fact that at any time, the Angels can decide to have either myself or Mr. Hanekoma wipe your memory of ever hearing about the word Producer. Same goes for all of your friends. The Higher Plane does not like it when one of their rules are broken, and depending on the circumstance for Angels, the punishment is worse than being kicked out and branded as a Fallen Angel, like Nikolai already is getting. Although, his case is a bit different, and the trial is about to happen."

"Then how would you know so much about Shibuya's Reaper's Game? I get that you're an Angel, but you know quite a bit about it."

"That's because it was my original job. I had to watch how Angels and Reaper's interacted, but you could say it was pretty much my job to watch how Mr. Hanekoma handled the Games that were played here, in Shibuya. I just happen to have that job when you played the Reaper's Game," I said, twirling a strand of my hair around my finger. Mr. Hanekoma spent awhile explaining about the Higher Plane, Producers, and about Nikolai, while I helped explain any questions that were thrown throughout the conversation. Neku almost seemed to be in a state of disbelief at the info that could've been from anything, and there was the possibility it was that the person he looked up to, CAT, hid more secrets than your average cafe barista. Shiki gulped and tightened the grip she had on Mr. Mew, as the stuffed cat hung limply in her arms. If it was alive, it probably would've died from suffocation.