Chapter 29: Called In

~(Y/n)'s POV~

I was sitting at my desk, tuning my guitar when a call from my phone interrupted me.

"Damnit, what now?!" I blurted out and picked up my phone. I looked at the caller ID. "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! JUST MY DAMN LUCK!" It was my manager. I cleared my throat. "Hello?"

I honestly didn't except her to call since I got fired months ago.

"(Y/n)! We need you immediately! Two of our models haven't shown up and it's an hour until show time! By the time they get here we won't have enough time to get them ready! Please come! I swear I will make it up to you!" My manger, Lucy, begged.

I hesitated. "Okay, but how am I going to get to California in an hour?!"

"This show is in Washington and it's near you! It'll only take a few minutes to get here." Lucy explained.

"Then text me the address, I'm heading there right now." I replied.

I heard her sigh in relief. "Thank you so much, (Y/n)! You're a life saver!" She hung up and I set my guitar down then began to turn off my computer and stuff.

"Hey (Y/n), why are you in such a rush?" Max said, I guess he walked in without me noticing.

" I just got called in for a modeling show. They need me stat and the show is near here. Tell Adam and anyone else who wants to come to hurry up if they want to watch." I told Max and grabbed my (F/c) backpack then walked out of my office.

"Okay, we'll meet you there." Max said and walked off fast.

I didn't reply, I ran out if the office and to my motorcycle. Then immediately sped off, hoping I wouldn't get a ticket.

(307 words)