Chapter 13: The Meeting

Alright my dears! I know there isn't a lot of you, but THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH FOR READING MY STORY!! I feel like I need to give out some awards here or something! *giggles* A special thank you to Will Williamson who told me on Pinterest that I should publish my story on Wattpad. Thank you to Kim Bennett who gave me plenty of ideas to incorporate in my story. And thank you to all my readers. It doesn't let me see who the readers are so I can't call you out. But thank you. Hope you enjoy this next chapter!!!

---------------------------------------------

I wake up to screaming. My senses jarred from sleep, I stumble up from the floor and step into a stance. "Who's there?!" I call out. I blink a few times so everything isn't so fuzzy. When my sight is clear, I see Khanu on the ground with Zenith on top, licking his face.

I start to laugh, not only because of the scene in front of me, but because Khanu screamed like one of the girliest-girl ever. By the time Khanu manages to get Zenith off of him, I'm laughing so hard feel like I have developed a six-pack in a matter of seconds. I'm on the floor, weak from laughing.

"Oh, sure," Khanu grumbles. "Laugh all you want. Can't you find a different place for him to sleep?" Last night, Khanu and Katara found Zenith and I conked out in front of the lake. When they woke me up, I told them what had happened. Since I didn't want to leave him alone, Zenith slept on the floor next to me. Khanu was occupying my bed.

When I could breath again, I answer, "If you'd just been beaten up, would you want to be left alone?" Khanu shrugs. Yawning, he stretches his arms high above his head.

Straightening out my crumpled night shirt and pants, I stand to leave. I hear Zenith leap over to the side of the room. In a split second, I'm almost knocked to the ground. Zenith has pushed Khanu into me. Making sure I don't fall, Khanu has his arms around my waist.

We stand. We are close enough that his nose is 2 centimeters away from mine. We gaze into each others eyes. I'd never realized how his dark, cobalt blue eyes gleamed. They were quite lovely, sparkling in the sunlight from the window... I snap my eyes from his gaze and wiggle out of his arms.

Before he could say anything, I was out the door and down the hall. What just happened there? I ask myself. Shaking my head, I step onto the balcony to find Katara sitting there, gazing out upon the lake, a bowl of brown rice with soy sauce sitting next to her. Chopsticks were sticking out of the bowl.

I plucked them out and set them on a silk cloth next to her bowl. "It's bad manners to have your chopsticks sticking out of the bowl," I say, sounding like my grandmother.

"Hmm?" Katara asks, coming out of her trance. "Why's that?"

"It looks like the sticks for burning incense at a grave." Katara just frowns and returns to her vacant stare at the lake. I turn around hoping to find more rice, and I do, but sitting next to the tray is the girl I saw in the storage room. I freeze, the memories of what she said coming back to me in one fluid motion.

A terrible fate! A choice that will end his chord! Well, that was the gist without all the sobbing.

She is wearing a plain purple dress that comes down to her knees, with brown boots laced up to her knees. Her white jacket jacket ripples in the wind.

The girl smiles at me and gets up. I notice immediately that her eyes aren't glowing. Huh. "Hello!" she says cheerfully. "I'm Morada (pronounced More-uh-duh)!"

"Er, I'm Luna," I reply. "Um, uh, well, have we met?" Morada frowns, then shakes her head.

"No, I don't think so." I sigh then pick up a bowl of white rice and chopsticks. "You know," she almost a whispers, "I saw you rescue that eel-hound. That was brave of you."