Prologue

Jimin was walking down the dark streets of Seoul with his good friend and bandmate, Jin, after a successful performance at a local bar. Jimin sang covers whilst Jin played guitar and did background vocals and, of course, visuals, that's how it's always been. They walked silently, very close to one another, trying to keep each other warm as it was below freezing outside. Steam being produced every time they exhaled. Jin's guitar case lightly swayed back and forth as they walked, their feet hitting the ground and lifting off as if on cue. Jin being the taller one of the two walked in front of Jimin, kind of protecting him.

"Jiminie, I gotta head home now. Are you sure you'll be okay to walk on your own?" Jin stopped and began to turn down his street.

"Of course, Hyung. I've walked home alone several times before, I think I'll be fine." Jimin stood confidently.

"Okay. Stay safe, buddy. And tell Kook I said 'hi' for me." Jin hugged Jimin goodbye and walked towards his building.

Jimin started his long journey to he's apartment building only five blocks away. He had taken the shortcut he always takes down a dark and sketchy alleyway. It was the more peaceful route, not as many drunk pedestrians to push you around. He turned down the familiar dark trench of side-by-side apartment buildings. Then, he heard two males talking. One of them sounded like they were crying. He got closer and ducked behind a trash bin. There was a guy with a gun to the crying man's head. Jimin had to take action, so he stepped out from behind the bin and screamed.

"Hey!" The guy with the gun looked over, still pinning the other guy up against the wall. "L-Let him go!" Jimin screamed again.

"Kid, you shouldn't be back here. Go home." The guy yelled and he was now pointing the gun towards Jimin. "You have five seconds to walk away."

"Don't hurt him, please." Jimin tried to protect the guy.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt him, I'm gonna kill him." The mysterious man laughed. "Now leave!" He said, his finger reaching for the trigger. Jimin stood there, silent. " I said fucking leave, and don't say a word or I shoot."

Jimin turned on his heels and ran home the long way. He heard two gun shots and sprinted faster. Once he reached his apartment, he fumbled around in his pockets for his keys. His hands were shaking and his tears were blurring his vision. He opened to door and began to cry out of adrenaline and he began to call out for his roommate. Jungkook ran into the living room to see what was wrong. The mascara that he had applied before the show ran down his cheeks.

"Hyung, what's wrong, what happened? Are you hurt?" Jungkook said, worry on his face. Jimin shook his head. "What happened."

"T-there was a man with a gun, h-he told me to walk away or he would shoot." Jimin was shaking and breathing heavily still from running.

"Damn, that sounds intense." Jungkook said. "Should we call the cops?"

"No, I don't want to risk getting either of us hurt, or worse." Jimin said. He was laying on the floor with his head resting on Jungkook's lap.

"Maybe you should just sleep it off. It's getting late anyways. Remember, you have work in a few hours." Jungkook remind Jimin.

"Okay, okay." Jimin stood up and shuffled off into his room.

He sat in bed, flipping through channels on the tv until he came across a news channel.

"The killer strikes yet again with only one victim just outside a bar in downtown Seoul." Jimin's eyes were glued on the tv. "Police say that they suspect a man by the name of Min Yoongi, he is about 175 cm in height, has black and green hair, and brown eyes. If you see this man, please contact local authorities." Jimin turned off the tv.

Min Yoongi