"Higher strangers with actual qualifications?" Adam laughs, backing up into the bathroom.

Four hours later and the bakery was swamped with people, had been since Sarah had cut the big pink bow on the door in front of the noisy crowd of their neighbors, Lucky fought the urge to roll her eyes into the back of her head when they cooed over her uniform.

Then it happened "well, look at you..."

Her head shot up to find those warm amber eyes she'd come to know well over the last few week's "not a fucking word!"

FP held his hands up, almost mockingly. Lucky couldn't help but notice the lack of leather he usually sported "so this is the Sweet Spot. Very... pink."

"I warned you. So you just stop by to stare or do you actually want something?"

He looked at the counter, covered in fresh and mouth watering pastries "Any recommendations?"

"Everything is kind of awesome, personally though the Apple Rose's are pretty fucking fantastic. Sarah does this thing with the cinnamon, better than sex." It felt good, not having to force a smile and bite back a cuss.

If he'd have been anyone of the other customers she'd dealt with that day her description would have been fucking scandalous. Thankfully though this was FP Jones, so his expression turned into one of decision and nodded slightly "sounds good; I'll have a dozen of those."

She twirled around in her sickly sweet dress to box up his order and no matter what you thought you saw FP would deny to the grave that he'd checked out her smooth, milky, little legs that were usually hidden beneath black denim "Wise choice."

"Lucky...your phone's been going four like the last hour!" Wayne's head popped around from the office, Lucky's phone in hand and a smile on his face "It's Jake."

Boxing up the pastries Lucky rolled her baby blues in annoyance "you know he's my boyfriend, not yours right?"

"I like the boy, most girls would be glad of their father's approval... he's on hold." Lucky hated how true that probably was.

The look of annoyance on the young girls face brought a twitch of a smiled to FP's. Wayne eyed the man in his plaid shirt and gruff short beard, he looked familiar but Wayne just couldn't place him "That's eleven ninety-nine."

She could feel her father's eyes burrowing into the back of her head as she finished FP's order "Thanks." The serpent leader gave her a small nod before heading for the door, his gaze never met her fathers.

"I'm going on break." Lucky snatched the phone as Wayne watched the man his daughter had smiled at fade away through the store window.

Out the back, Lucky was already lighting up as Jake talked at her down the phone about some shit with his teacher. Nothing that actually mattered "Lucky are you even listening to me?"

"Chill out I'm just lighting my smoke, geez. So Mr. Danes is still giving you shit?" she leaned into the shade of the brick wall with a frustrated sigh.

"Yeah, babe I swear that asshole has it out for me. Said some shit about having me cut from the team if my grade doesn't go up. I mean seriously what the fuck? Who gives a shit about a bunch of people who died hundreds of years ago or whatever?" Jake always did this, blamed everyone else for his own shit.

Hell he'd even tried to make it her fault she hadn't heard from him that first week. That he was under so much pressure because she left, his heart was broken... not broken enough to miss a fucking kegger though.

That was his main move.

Head games.

But he was Jake... her first love, first kiss; first fuck... so Lucky just got on with it.