fifteen

Somehow Reina had stopped sounding like a maniac with a chainsaw. Now she just sounded like a little kid with a blunt saw, trying to get through a stick. It was bearable.

Kumiko stared at the ceiling above her. She had gotten to know Reina better this week. They had teamed up for an office chair race - which had been a disaster- and came in third. Reina looked like Azusa on the outside but nothing like her on the inside.

Three months ago she had been heartbroken. But when Azusa died, she had already given up on her love. It was just that she couldn't let go of the memories she had made with Azusa and only wanted pity.

But now there was Reina. Reina who dared to go against the upperclassman. She was pretty athletic, talented with her Trumpet. And above all: pretty.

Was Kumiko forgetting about Azusa? No way. She would never forget about her. But she also knew that Azusa would've wanted her to move on.
Perhaps Kumiko was ready to do so.

She looked over to her left where Reina was sleeping, mouth slightly opened. Kumiko got up and nudged the girl's shoulder.

It took a minute to wake Reina up.

"What is it now?" Reina whispered. Kumiko shrugged. "I can't sleep." Reina groaned. "Then do something and don't wake me up because of it!"

Kumiko giggled. Reina frowned. "Is something funny?"

"It's just that," Kumiko tried to gather herself. "you look really funny with your hair like that."

Reina quickly fumbled with her hair, trying to fix it, which was impossible. Kumiko's grinning turned into laughter and Reina couldn't help but laugh with her.

They ended up getting scolded together for waking others.