Instead, he went with the crowd. Swaying in time to the music and drinking a beer that Louis had gotten him. He got so lost in it that he accidently bumped into someone behind him. “Oh! S-sorry –“ Zayn stuttered and stopped mid apology when he turned round to see them. He had never seen him before. He thought he’d remember if he’d seen a face like that before. Very angelic, perfectly sculptured. Big, bright blue eyes and messy light brown hair. Muscular body. More muscular than Harry, by far. Perfectly chiselled jaw-lines and long lashes. God he was to die for.

Zayn let out a sheepish smile, his cheeks immediately turning pink. A guy like that bound to be straight, but then he saw the same about Harry and, well…look how that turned out. Zayn gnawed hard on his bottom lop, staring up at the gorgeous dude. “Did anyone ever tell you that you shouldn’t bite your lip? It looks much too good on you.” Damn that voice. So heavenly. “Actually, they have told me that before.” Zayn frowned at the realisation and the guy smirked. “You should listen to them, whoever they were. You don’t know how many people want me tonight. Including me.” He added with a mischievous grin that showed a row of pearly-white teeth. “But what’s the fun in listening to people?” Zayn challenged, tipping his head back to take a sip.

His smile grew, his eyes sparkling as he stared down at Zayn. “What’s your name?” he asked curiously. “I’m Zayn.” Zayn shrugged carelessly and the boy’s eyes widened. “You mean, Harry Styles’ boyfriend?” he gulped, looking fearful. Zayn rolled his eyes. Force of habit. “Ex-boyfriend.” Zayn corrected him, and the boy exhaled, relaxing a little. A few moments a go, Zayn wouldn’t ever have thought about telling people that Harry was his boyfriend – or ex for that matter. Hell, he wouldn’t even be flirting with guys, period. But the alcohol made him so intoxicated and he was enjoying the atmosphere the club gave and he was standing talking to one the most gorgeous guys on the planet, flirting with him. What more could he possibly want more?

“What’s your name?” Zayn asked curiously, pressing the cold tip of the glass to his lips again. “Josh.” Josh grinned, dimples showing. “Jossssh.” Zayn repeated, dragging out his name. “I like that. It suits you.” Zayn complimented, smiling softly. Josh gave a humorous, boyish laugh. “You can thank my mum for that one.” Josh nodded and Zayn laughed. Zayn was bracing himself for the next question. “So are you single, Josh?” Zayn asked shyly and his face fell a little bit. “If I didn’t know better, I would’ve thought you were using me to make that Styles boy jealous.” Josh admitted, a little offended and Zayn couldn’t help rolling his eyes. “Don’t flatter yourself, Harry doesn’t even know I’m here.” Zayn said defensively and Josh cocked an eyebrow, tilting his head to the side. “He does now by the looks of it.” Josh replied and used his is index finger against Zayn’s chin to tilt his head round so that Zayn was looking directly at Harry at the bar, Harry looking back. Harry was tense, rigid on his seat and Zayn wouldn’t be surprised if the beer glass smashed and dropped to the floor in a million tiny pieces. His fingers were red with coldness and anger, and his eyes were shooting daggers at Josh.

“Come on.” Zayn sighed, grabbing Josh by the arm and guiding him out the crowd, through the back exist. Zayn had a terrible fear of coming here, especially alone. The last time he was here, Jai attacked him. But he knew he was behind bars now so he had nothing to worry about. “I suppose it’s good for a bit of fresh air.” Josh admitted, standing next to Zayn and resting his arms against the railings of the balcony, his glass in his hands.

“I didn’t answer your question. Before, about me being single.” Josh said, turning to face Zayn. Zayn did the same, facing Josh. “Well-?” Before Zayn could muster anymore, Josh pressed his soft, plump lips to Zayn’s. Zayn closed his eyes. Josh’s skin was soft. His tongue was soft. The way he kissed…it was nothing like Harry. It was different. It was like a new adventure. Zayn was a little disappointed when Josh pulled away, frowning as he looked up at him. “Does that answer your question?” Josh grinned and Zayn grinned shyly in return, unsure of what to say.

“Oi! Fun’s over, Josh.” A voice yelled and their heads snapped up to find Harry standing in the door way. “You okay, Zayn?” Harry asked Zayn quietly. Zayn gulped, not being able to meet his gaze or answer him. So instead, he looked at Josh. Pleadingly. “Zayn, I thought you had split up with him?” Josh asked, looking generally confused, lips parted. Zayn could already feel the tears starting in his eyes. Harry always had to ruin everything!

“Well, you thought wrong, didn’t you?” Harry snapped angrily, moving toward Josh, his hands bawled into fists. Josh gulped nervously. “Harry, I didn’t mean anything by it. I swear-“ Harry aimed a punch at Josh and wacked him in the face. Zayn’s eyes widened in shock. “Harry, no!” Zayn yelled, grabbing at Harry’s arm but Harry pushed him aside. “Harry!” Zayn yelled when Josh was knocked to the floor, given a bloody face.

“Harry, I hate you!” Zayn finally yelled at the top of his lungs and Harry’s head snapped up. He let go of Josh’s shirt and stared at Zayn’s eyes which were spilling tears. “Zayn..?”

“I don’t know who you are anymore! You’re the confusing the hell outta me! You say you want nothing to do with me, yet you go around battering each guy I kiss because you’re so bloody jealous!” Zayn fumed and Harry gulped, stepping aside from Josh who was whimpering in pain. “He didn’t even like you, Zayn, he was just trying to make me jealous-“

“So what, Harry?! Did you ever think that I actually liked Josh? Did you ever think that he actually treated me the way I deserved to be treated? Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, I had a chance with him? No! Because you’re too cooped up in your own God damn life! You want nothing to do with me anymore!” Zayn bellowed and Josh sat up, looking pityingly up at Zayn who was breathing heavily. “I’ve tried reaching out to you, Harry. I’ve done everything I can to get you back but you always push me away and I don’t know why. God knows how many missed calls are on your phone. But I’m tired now. It’s getting tiring and this is not what I wanted. Not with you. Not with anybody.” Zayn said in a more calming, soothing voice.

Zayn let out a soft sigh, staring at a stunned Harry as he bent down to help Josh up. “Come on. I’ll take you home.” Zayn whispered, lifting him up. Josh pressed his hand on the dirty ground to push himself up, stumbling into Zayn as he did so. “Sorry.” Josh croaked, glancing worriedly at Harry who seemed to have frozen again. “Don’t worry. It’s not you should be sorry.” Zayn assured him, shooting Harry a menaced glare as he said this and took Josh home.  

___________________________________

Hey guys here's another update! I would've updated yesterday, but I fell ill and two people stupidly asked me to update even though there's a BIG SIGN at the top that tells you not to ask me to update. Another reason why I don't update often. People take it as an advantage. Sigh. Anyway, according to niallprincess2013 (again, God, does she ever let this go?) my story is "poorly-written" compared to other fan fics she's read and that's why she only read up to chapter three, even though she mailed be back saying that she read the e-mail I sent to Hannah. Oh, well. I'll let my 600K readers decide that :) Can't wait to hear your comments! Thank you all! Love you so much! X