Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

She smiled widely. "Alright.. I got this."

I tapped her shoulder, "You do. See you guys at the gym."

I waved goodbye, before exiting the room.

My heart was lighter than before. At least I did something productive, even if it was through words, which was something I wasn't usually good at, but hey! I managed.

I slowly entered the gym, then found myself face to face with a stage, and the boys practicing their lines and listening to the songs they had to do in the stage.

"Hey!" I greeted, jogging over to the stage and walking up. "Is everything going well?"

"Yeah." Taehyung smiled at me, handing me some papers. "Here's your script. Jungkook and Jimin are practicing their lines."

"Lines?" I cocked an eyebrow, turning to look at the two singing their lines out. "Singing their lines.. I guess they do have to practice together."

"And I need to practice with Lisa!" Hobi said out of nowhere. "We're partners in the musical.."

Jin and Namjoon were practicing their lines and verses, too. My brows furrow when I notice an absence in our group. I turned my head to look at Taehyung, who was reading his lines.

"Say.. where's Yoongi?" I questioned, making him look up. His eyes widened as if in realisation, and he made his way to a table, handing me a dosirak.

"I almost forgot about it!" he grinned. "Good thing you reminded me. Yoongi already went home.. he said he would be able to write better lyrics that way. And he also told me to give you that."

I opened the lunchbox to find myself face to face with some chicken fillet and meat.

He laughed softly, "But I think you should eat it later."

I fight the urge to eat it in practice, placing it on one of the nearby tables. Me and Taehyung then sat down on the stage. And I started to read one of my first lines, as a younger Cosette.

"And this is when Marius first meets Cosette.." Taehyung trailed off, pointing to one of the lines, wherein both of our characters finally meet each other.

"And the two end up doing whatever it takes to see each other again.. after you know.. seeing each other for like.. a second." I nodded.

"We need to practice with Jaehee too." I added.

"Gah.. it's a way too tragic love story for Marius and Eponine." Taehyung said, as he laid down on the stage, an arm under his head, reading the script.

"Because Eponine ends up dying to save Marius' life," I recalled, and yet again, my memory never failed to amaze me. "It may not be as relatable for others, but losing someone you just realised you love at that moment.."

"At that moment they're on the verge of death.. when you can't do anything to bring back the past.." I bite my lip, seeing Taehyung sit up and stare at me worriedly. I forced a smile and sighed.

"Oh god, I didn't mean that." I laughed awkwardly, before looking down on my script. "Let's just start practicing."

He was about to say something, but stopped himself from doing so.

Throughout the whole afternoon, we continued practicing, until all of us memorised at least 2 songs. Me and Taehyung were already getting the hang of it, and according to Namjoon, we were doing great.

When one of our scenes started, I made my way to the stage, singing my heart out.

"A heart.. full of love, no fear, no regret!" I sang, the lyrics arranging itself line by line in my head. I thanked myself for having such good memory.

Taehyung approached me, "My name is Marius Pontmercy."

I turned to him, "And mine's Cosette."

We continued to do our scene until we reached the scene wherein I dropped a key for him to find me again, which he picked up, as Seokjin, who was portraying as my father, pulled me from him.

"Good!" Namjoon clapped, grinning. "We've done well!"

"Agreed." Hobi nodded, sitting on the floor, wiping his forehead with his towel. "I'm confident Jaehee has also guided your class well!"

"I'm sure." I said.

"I guess we'll be practicing separate from her, then." Jungkook shrugged, before turning to me. "Yuna, you can go home without me. I'm gonna go visit her." and with that, he waved goodbye and exited the gym.

"At least he isn't dense anymore." Namjoon scoffed. "Anyways.. I suggest that we go home in pairs.. you know, with your partner. Hoseok, you should start practicing with Lisa."

Hobi looked up, before nodding. "Got it."

"We're off." Seokjin smiled, waving at us.

Hobi turned to Taehyung, "No things I wouldn't like.. alright?"

I laughed softly and nodded. "Yeah, yeah. Go home safe."

He sighed and nodded as well, and soon, me and Taehyung started walking out of the school.

"Suyung.." he trailed off.

I turned my head, "Yeah?"

"I hope you don't mind me asking.." he started, looking away, before glancing at me again. "But.. can you tell me about that special someone you lost?"

--

Honestly feel like Taehyung can be nosy and a bit too curious--

And woaaah

I guess he's gonna end up knowing too.. huh? Unless Suyung avoids it, of course!