xvi. | HEARTS DON'T BREAK AROUND HERE

xvi. HEARTS DON'T BREAK AROUND HERE
That every night I'll kiss you you'll say in my ear
Oh we're in love aren't we?
Hands in your hair, fingers and thumbs baby
I feel safe when you're holding me near
Love the way that you conquer your fear
You know hearts don't break around here

PETER'S HEART HURT UNLIKE EVER BEFORE. In a blink of an eye, he was back in London where they had been before Narnia. It was as though they had never left in the first place. As though they've never met Hero.

     "Hey," his head snapped up at the sound of Edmund's voice. "She'll be alright. You will be too."

     Peter merely sighed as Lucy and Susan sent him sad smiles. Just then, a loud noise resonated throughout the tunnel and the four turned to see that the train had finally arrived. A boy with glasses and a scarf around his neck stepped aboard and looked back at Susan. "Aren't you coming, Phyllis?"

     The other three shared confused glances as Susan let out a sigh. Silently, they grabbed their luggages and trunks and boarded the train. Peter checked for any seats vacant, but there weren't any, so they settled for standing in front of the doors.

     "What is it?" Peter asked his brother who was rummaging through his bag.

     "Do you think there's any way we could get back?" Edmund asked, still searching for something. "I've left my new torch in Narnia!"

     Susan and Lucy bursted out laughing and Peter couldn't help but to let out a quiet chuckle. The doors began to close and Peter shut his eyes tight and hung his head low in defeat.

     I'm sorry, Hero, he thought. I truly wished I could stay, but I can't. It's just not possible. 

     Peter missed Hero. He missed her so much it made his stomach churn painfully and his heart wrench tightly. Though it's barely been a couple of minutes since he last saw her, it felt longer than that.

     He doesn't even have anything of hers that he could keep in her memory. And Peter was afraid that his siblings might one day forget about ever being in Narnia. He didn't want that. He wanted to remember Hero forever. If only he knew how to draw, then maybe he'd be able to have thousands of pictures of her hung up around London for the world to see how beautiful she is.

     Somebody had rammed right into Peter, breaking his chain of thoughts as his eyes flew open in surprise. His arm latched out and went around the person's waist in instinct and Peter swore his heart picked up pace from the way it felt so familiar.

     Lucy gasped next to him and Peter glanced down to see a familiar face. He let out an unintelligible noise in the back of his throat as he cried out, "Hero!"

     She's never looked as lovely as she does at the moment and Peter's face hurt so much from smiling so wide. She was grinning up at him, a certain glint in her eyes. He scanned her from head to toe to see that she was wearing the exact same school uniform Lucy and Susan were wearing.

     "Hi, Pevensie."

     Peter blinked once more. He felt if he pinched himself he'd wake from this dream he's having. "How did you—?"

     "Aslan," was her simple response.

     Peter let out a laugh before he tightened his grip around her waist and drew her closer to him. He dipped his head lower and captured her lips in his as he slipped his tongue in her mouth. His hand went up to her hair that was tied in a ponytail and he unclasped her tie. Her hair fell into waves and he tangled his fingers in them, kissing her deeper.

     They separated and Peter pressed his forehead against hers as he whispered on her lips. "I still can't believe you're actually here. Is it really you?"

     Hero grinned foxlike. "Better get used to the idea, Peter the Magnificent."

      Yeah, it was her.

     Peter laughed as he held her face in his hands and he pulled her at arm's length. "Let me look at you for a moment," he said, scanning her face and her bright eyes. "Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes."

     Hero opened her mouth to make a retort, but was cut off by Peter suddenly assaulting her face with kisses. She squealed softly and tried to dodge his lips. "Pete, stop, people are looking."

     Peter kissed the tip of her nose. "Let them look. I don't care. I want the world to see how beautiful my girlfriend is."

     Hero smiled. "Say it again."

     Peter brought her into an embrace as he whispered. "My girlfriend."

     Hero tightened her hold. "Pete, I...," she hesitated before blurring out, "I think I really do love you."

     They separated from the hug and Peter winked cheekily at her. "I know."

     They shared a laugh as Hero slapped his arm playfully. Before any could say more, Edmund had yanked her to his side and wrapped his arms around her as he chatted her ear off. Susan and Lucy joined the group hug as the four laughed loudly.

     Peter stood and watched Hero being assaulted in bear hugs as a smile spread his lips. He knew then and there that this is the best kind of happiness that he's ever had his whole life.

-the end-

A/N

ITS FINALLY OVER OMG LET ME GO CRY. You're welcome, it's a happy ending;)

As much as I love Peter and Hero, I won't be making a sequel because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have the motivation to finish it. I'm sorry if you wanted one.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and the whole book! And I was wondering if you could review this book, because I'm planning to put some of your reviews in the beginning.

Don't forget to fan, vote, and comment! I love you guys! xx