vii. | PERFECT

vii. PERFECT
Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time

HERO TRIED TO STAY PERFECTLY STILL. The griffin that was carrying her made her heart rise in anticipation and thrill. She clenched her fingers to calm her nerves as her fiery red hair whipped in the air. Susan had swiftly braided it to keep it in place, a few stubborn strands escaping at the sides to frame her face.

Peter flew next to her, trying to keep his gaze forward but he'd eventually find his eyes straying to the Narnian warrior flying next to him. Peter was at fault, he knew that. He trusted her to be able to fight and stand her ground. She was damn capable and Peter knew that too. He was just scared of losing her. Terrified, even. His father was at war, barely being able to see him and he was absolutely afraid at the thought of permanently not seeing Hero.

They had waited for Edmund's signal with his torch before they flew closer to the castle, like shadows creeping across the night. Hero, Caspian, and the Pevensies flew in their griffins to get in the castle as the Narnians stood their ground in front of the castle gate.

They flew past Edmund who was still flicking his torch on and off when Peter suddenly flashed a look at Hero. "Tuck in," he warned her and she complied immediately just as the griffins dove downwards. They sliced the air and flew low. Caspian was held with one hand by the griffin as he unsheathed his sword and killed a Telmarine guard.

They were dropped atop a tower. Hero was prepared as her feet hit the ground while she unsheathed her sword. The two Pevensies and Caspian were brought to the ground as well as Peter lunged forward to slice his sword through the Telmarine guard keeping watch in front of them. Hero spun around and her eyes caught another Telmarine who was ready to attack Peter from the back. She raised her sword and sprinted to him, swinging her weapon and striking him dead.

Hero whirled back around to see Peter scanning his eyes over her for any injuries. They gazes met and he nodded once at her in thanks. She reluctantly did one back as well. She was still furious at him for what he had told her about not wanting her to fight.

They continued to run across the tower before reaching the side. Susan threw a rope down as Caspian started to climb down. The blonde followed next, dropping to the balcony as Caspian knocked against the window. Peter briefly glanced up, his arms encircling Hero's torso and helping her down before they followed after Caspian in the professor's study.

"Professor?" Caspian called out as they entered the room that seemed to be turned upside down. It was a mess with papers scattered everywhere and books ripped of its pages. Hero's eyes skimmed the place but found no trace of the old man.