xii. | WHAT DO I KNOW

xii. WHAT DO I KNOW
The revolution's coming, it's a minute away
I saw people marching in the streets today
You know we are made up of love and hate
But both of them are balanced on a razor blade

HERO WAS RIGHT ABOUT NOT TRUSTING THE TELMARINES. Glozelle rode back towards the Telmarine army as a few soldiers rushed over to Peter and Hero. Peter spun to face them as Hero drew her sword out and plunged it deep into one of them.

"To arms, Telmar!" Glozelle bellowed. "To arms!" The Telmarines raised their weapons in response and let out a battle cry. "Cavalry...charge!"

The Telmarines charged as Hero's throat closed up in fear. Peter looked back at Caspian with a nod and the Telmarine Prince quickly climbed on his horse. "Caspian, be careful!" Hero called out to the boy who raised a hand in acknowledgement as he rode back into the How.

Hero and Peter locked eyes as she clenched her fist to calm herself. Peter reached down and grabbed it, relaxing her tense nerves as he laced their fingers together.

"You going to tell me not to fight again?" She attempted to joke, her voice shaky.

Peter shook his head, a slight smile curving his lips. "I want you to fight right next to me. Side by side. Like equals."

Hero grinned. "Well, what are you waiting for, Peter the Magnificent? Let's do this."

Peter let out a laugh before they both turned to the approaching Telmarine soldiers and together they started counting. "One, two, three...,"

"Archers to the ready!" They heard Susan yell from behind them and Hero knew they were nocking an arrow to the strings of their bows.

"Seven, eight, nine," Peter continued as Hero raised her voice and yelled: "Get ready!"

She crouched down and tightened the grip on her sword in anticipation as Susan shouted, "Take your aim!"

Just as planned, the Narnians underground began smashing the stone pillars as the ground collapsed and most of the Telmarine horses fell into the pit. Hero couldn't help but let out a relieved breath that Caspian was alright.

"NOW!" Susan screamed as the archers released their hold on the arrows, letting it fall into the pit like rain. The arrows pierced through several Telmarines, killing them instantly.

Hero squinted to see a bit further, and she saw Caspian leading the Narnians out into the field and circling around the Telmarine cavalry.