Chapter 10

Sage's P.O.V.

I pushed past Jack and ran back around the house, slipping past Shawn and Jack J, making a beeline for my room. I can't believe Jack could just show up at my new home after two years of not talking, just to tell me the things he'd told me that day that ruined our friendship. He hurt me, he can't just expect to come back into my life. As much as I liked him, I couldn't be convinced that easily, especially when I know it'll only lead to being hurt again.

I was almost to my room when I felt hands grab my shoulders and flinging me around to see a pair of blue eyes. "Sage, what happened out there? He's still out there, staring at absolutely nothing!"

Hearing that he was in shock worried me a little bit, but I hid it well. "Well he can't expect to come back into my life after hurting me like that! Especially when all he's going to do is taunt me, and make my life miserable!" I yelled at Jack J. I almost immediately felt bad, because he took a step backwards.

"How do you know that he's going to do that?" Jack asked, trying to stay calm.

"Because he hates me!" I snapped at him.

"No he doesn't Sage! He doesn't, and do you want to know why?" Jack said, confusing me.

Jack J's P.O.V.

Shit. I probably shouldn't have said that. She was giving me this confused look, and I knew I had to tell her. Awwwe crap, Jack's going to kill me.

"Why?"

I sighed and covered my face with my hands. "Sage, the reason why Jack told you those things back then, the reason why he acts like that, was because he loves you. He's been in love with you for two years, and remember how he was known as a player? He knew that, and he wanted to protect you. He wanted to get you back, that's why he came here. And I know you feel the same way, your mom told me. I'm not going to tell you what to do, but you need to stop hurting him, and yourself."

I finished my rant, and Sage just stood there in shock. I could sense her taking it all in, and I didn't know how long it would take her to respond.

"Sage" I said, stepping closer to her.

She didn't respond until I tried to wrap my arms around her. "No, don't lie to me Jack! After Jack G, I never thought you would begin to lie to me too! Jack hates me, he is not in love with me, I'm not stupid! And by the way, I'm not in love with Jack." she pushed me away and ran down the stairs.

Jack G's P.O.V.

I stood there for five minutes, not believing that Sage would say that to me. I didn't think she actually hated me. Getting her back in my life would be harder then I thought.

I ran out of the backyard to see Sage and the unknown boy running towards the house across the street. The boy must live there. Was she that upset to see me?

I walked to the front door and reached for my bags. "Well, it looks like I'll be going now. Nice seeing you again Ms. Emerson." I began to leave when Sage's mom reached for my shoulder.

"Jack," she warned. "One, call me Catherina, and two, you're staying here. You can share a room with Jack J."

Jack stood at the back of the room, looking at the ground. What did he do?

I nodded a thanks to Catherina and dragged Jack up to the spare room. "What the hell did you do?"

"How do you know I did anything?" Jack defended himself. 

I rolled my eyes and gave him a look. "Dude, you look so uncomfortable, you're hiding something."

Jack sighed and sat down on the bed. "I may or may not have told Sage that you love her and that's why you act the way you do..."

My brown eyes widened. "You. Did. What?"

Sorry these updates aren't getting any longer, but I'm really distracted right now. So this is all you're getting right now. Sorry.

Hope you enjoyed this.

Leave your comments below, I LOOOOOVE feedback!

Keep shining!

xx Sarah