Chapter 7

Jack G's P.O.V.

I came home from my jog and looked into the fridge, looking for something to fill my stomach after that long run. "Dammit," I mutter, realizing we had literally no food. "Mom!" I yelled. "We need to go to the grocery store!"

I trudged up to my room and grabbed a pair of jeans and a plain black t-shirt. I quickly stripped out of my jogging clothes (Oh my god, just picturing that gives me the feels!!! ) throwing them into the hamper in my closet, then slipping on my change of clothes.

I flopped down on my bed and picked up my phone. Shit. I missed a call from Jack J. He left a voicemail. Better listen to that.

I went to my voicemails and selected Jack's voicemail.

"Hey Jack, it's Jack." I heard Jack chuckle, and I rolled my eyes. It was so like him to chuckle after saying that.

"I found out more about Sage. We were talking at dinner, and we were talking about how we were holding up and then she mentioned you, asking how you were. I told her you were holding up, and I wasn't thinking! I'm sorry, I know that gives them the clue that you love her, but I wasn't thinking! Anyways, what she said next was, 'Well, Sage has been holding up too, she was so upset with Jack said those things about her, she's so in-"

Jack's voicemail was cut off there. "She's so in what?" I exclaimed. I had to know, so I called Jack back.

It rang once.

Twice.

Three times.

Four times.

And five.

After the sixth time it went to voicemail. "Dude! What did she mean when she said that she was 'so in-'? I have to know! Please call me!"

I hung up and paced my room, waiting five minutes for Jack to call back. "Ugh! I can't wait for him to call back!"

I called Jack J again.

Yet again it went to voicemail.

I groaned into the voicemail, and spoke again. "Jack! Please! Pick up next time I call!"

This time, I waited ten minuted for him to respond. Not even a text. I thought about what I was going to do.

Well, I could call Sage's house...

But I don't know her house number...

I could spam Jack with texts.

But Jack always answers his phone. If he won't pick up the phone he definitely won't answer his texts.

Then it came to me.

I know what to do!

I dialled Jack's number one last time, digging through my closet. It went to voicemail one last time. "Alright dude, I can't wait for a response. I'm flying out there to find out what her mom said. I'm getting the next flight out there. See you tonight or tomorrow. Don't tell Sage I'm coming." I said, pulling out a suitcase, hanging up with a smirk.

OMG GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 102 READS!!!

ILY!

Keep shining!

xx Sarah