Chapter 8

Jack J's P.O.V.

I watched Sage leave me stranded. She seemed so sad. It really hurt me to not be the one to be able to cheer her up, because I knew that eventually it would be Jack G's job. He was so in love with her, it was ridiculous. I really wanted them to get together, but I couldn't help but want her to myself...

I sighed and went to go see if Sage's mom would tell me what is going on.

"Catherina?" I called into the house.

"Yes Jack?" she quickly responded.

I ran up to the kitchen, where Catherina was doing the dishes. "Can I ask you something?" I asked her.

"You just did," she chuckled at her own joke, but when I glared at her she stopped. "Sorry, yeah, what's up?"

"Has Sage seemed upset since Jack G said all that to her?" I really had to know.

Her mom sighed and seemed to think whether she wanted to answer that or not(OR NAAHHHHHHH sorry I had to do that). "Yes..."

My heart quickened. Am I about to get the answer for Jack? "Why is that?" I questioned.

Catherina sighed. "I'm not sure if I should tell you." she admitted.

I looked up at her, making puppy dog eyes out of my blue 'beauties' as people called them. "Please? She's my best friend, and it hurts me to see her sad and not be able to help her."

Catherina's head tilts as she pondered on if she wanted to tell me. "Fine, but you have to promise not to tell Sage or Jack G that I told you this." she warned me.

I quickly promised. "I promise." crap. Now I can't tell Jack about whatever it is.

Catherina took a deep breath. "Sage has fallen in love with Jack G. She came home and cried her heart out that day Jack said all those things to her. She can't stop thinking about him, and she tells me the only way to get over him is to pretend to hate him. But personally, I don't think that's going to change her feelings." she said sadly.

I stared at the older woman in shock. Sage loves Jack too?

"But don't tell Jack this," Catherina reminded me. "And don't tell Sage I told you."

I nodded. "Of course. I won't."

Sage's P.O.V.

I walked over to my friend Shawn's house. He'd know what to do. Besides my mom, Shawn is the only other person who knows about my feelings for Jack G. He's such a good best friend, and he's my age too. We dated for a little bit when we first met, in my hopes of getting over Jack, but it didn't work. I'd told him the truth, and from that day forward, Shawn was my best friend, not my boyfriend. I could trust him with anything now, anything. There wasn't a single thing I didn't tell him.

I opened the door to Shawn's house and called out to him. Yeah. That's how close Shawn and I are. So close that I can just walk straight in and call him to me.

Shawn came running downstairs, his guitar strap over his shoulder. He smiled when he saw me. "Hey Sage, what's up?"

I sighed. "I need to tell you something." I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

Shawn sensed something was wrong in my tone of voice, and his smile disappeared. "Come to my room." he told me, running back up the stairs.

I quickly followed him up the stairs and sat down in a bean bag that he had in his room. It was literally my favourite seat in the entire house, I'd get to his house and plop down right onto it. "Jack J came to visit yesterday. He's still here. Today at dinner my mom almost told him." I said with an emotionless face.

Shawn's brown eyes bore into my face. "Wait, is Jack J the one you have feelings for, or is it the other one?" he checked, flipping his brown hair out of his face.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. "No. Jack Gilinsky is the one I have feelings for. He's the one who said all those fucked up things to me. He's the one who broke my heart but I continue to love. Jack Johnson is just my best friend, but he is also Jack Gilinsky's best friend. If he knew about how I felt he might go and tell Jack." I carefully explained to him.

He nodded. "Oh okay," he murmured. "Why don't you tell Jack Johnson about your feelings for Jack Gilinsky? You may feel a lot better."

I covered my face with the palms of my sweaty hands. "I'm not ready to tell him yet," I said in exasperation. "I promised him I would tell him when I was ready though."

I could feel Shawn smiling at me. "Good," he said. "Because I hate seeing you hurt. You're my best friend, and I love you. I just want to see you happy." he came over, wrapped his strong muscular arms around me, making me feel safe in his arms.

He kissed the top of my head, and we sat there for an hour, just cuddling.

Jack Johnson's P.O.V.

I finally went upstairs to the guest room, and unplugged my phone from the charger. I'd had three voicemails from Jack G. I sighed. He needs to learn patience. They were all from four hours ago.

I listened to the first two, and took no notice to them. But the third one caught my interest.

"Jack, I'm coming to Canada, I have to know what she said."

As I finished listening to the message for a third time, I heard a knock at the door. I ran down the stairs at the speed of lightning(not literally) and reached the door in a matter of seconds. I flung open the door to see Jack G standing there.

"Crap Jack."

EEEHHHHHH IT'S A LONG ONE!!!!

There was SO MUCH going on in this chapter.

You finally meet Shawn! Yes, he is portrayed as Shawn Mendes, the hottest Canadian singer in the world.

Tell me what you think!!!

Keep shining!

xx Sarah