6. You Don't Know Him (Edited)

Start from the beginning

Do these two have some sort of secret grudge against each other or something?

Evan looked back at me, nodding his head. "Well, it's always good seeing you." he smiled, but it wasn't like his usual ones. This one seemed ... strained. "Oh, and uh – by the way – I like your shirt." and at last he shot me one of his award-winning, Oscar worthy, gorgeous, smiles that lit up the room as I nearly swooned right on the spot watching him walk away with such grace. Evan Andrews was truly the most perfect human being on Earth, and no one could deny it.

I couldn't help the involuntary smile that found its way to my lips as I sat there in silence for a moment. That is, until the knucklehead whose name is Aiden Parker obliterated my blissful moment into a thousand tiny shards.

Aiden's jaw was clenched, his lips forming into a tight line. But perhaps, the most obvious indication of his anger was the sound of his voice dropping to a deadly whisper. "You like. That. Fucking prick?"

My head immediately snapped towards him, mouth forming in disbelief at what he'd just called Evan. "What?!" I cried, both at his words and what he'd suggested.

"Oh, don't play stupid!" he spat. "Any dumbass could've seen the obvious tension that was going on in that conversation!"

I was taken aback by the sudden anger and rudeness in his voice. What on Earth had I done to deserve that?

I looked at him in shock, a bit afraid of the sudden anger that had appeared out of the easy-going, joking Aiden that I had been talking to me not five minutes ago. "What is wrong with you?!"

"What's wrong with me?!" he slammed his fists down on the table, sending my pens and highlighters toppling to the ground. "What's wrong with me is that son of a bitch isn't the perfect person everyone thinks he is!" Aiden spat, his eyes livid with fire.

By now the entire library was staring at us with looks of utter confusion and curiosity. All eyes were on us, as if waiting to see what I would say next, but I refused to be the center of tomorrow's newest gossip session.

"I'm not doing this here." I said, my teeth gritted together as I slammed my books shut and began gathering my things.

Aiden stood up abruptly, following me as I made a beeline for the hallway. The plain white halls were vacant, lined simply the with navy lockers along either side, and as I passed the girl's bathroom I found myself wanting to bolt inside, hoping that would stop Aiden's assault, but I knew it wouldn't' be that easy. I hugged my books tightly against my chest, trying to ignore all the terrible things Aiden was saying about Evan, as he followed me.

"You think you know him, but you don't Emery!" Aiden yelled. "He's a lying, manipulative – !"

That was my last straw. I'd had enough of Aiden dissing on the only actual, real, genuine, guy in this school. Evan was ten times the person Aiden would ever be. Everyone knew it!

"What?! And you do – you know him?!" I cried, throwing my arms out in frustration.

"Better than you obviously!" he yelled right at my face. "Because if you knew what I did about him I'm sure those little feelings of yours would disappear in a heartbeat!" he spat, and the look in his eyes were terrifying.

Looking at him and listening to the words that were coming out of his mouth made me recant my earlier thoughts. I was wrong. There was no good in him. There was nothing nice or kind about him. He was flawed. Flawed to the core and I absolutely despised him for trying to turn me against the one person I had so much love for. The only truly good person in this world.

"Don't sit there and make up lies about him just because you don't like him!" I cried, shaking my head at him. "Or because you're jealous of the person he is. Just because he's ten times the person you are— doesn't give you the right!"

"Then you're even more stupid than I thought!" he yelled.

Stupid.

The amount of white hot, bubbling, smoldering, anger I felt in that moment was inconceivable to anything I'd felt in my entire life. Flashes of my mother crossed my memories, remembering how I'd promised myself that I would never, let anyone ever call me stupid again.

My hand slapped across Aiden's face so fast he must've gotten whiplash from how hard his neck reared back. He stood there for a moment, eyes lit on fire and teeth gritted together so tightly I was sure his jaw might unhinge as he looked at me.

"Don't you ever," I gritted my teeth together, looking him dead in the eyes, "call me stupid again. Do you understand me, Aiden Parker?" I narrowed my eyes at him, as he continued to tighten his jaw. "I don't care how you treat all those girls you sleep around with, but you are most certainly – not – going to treat me like that."

His nostrils flared. "You don't know a thing about me." he said so quietly I thought he might burst out in anger.

"You're right – I don't... and I don't want to know." I said, before dropping his biology book right on his toes.

"Good luck finding another tutor." I said.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Whoops! I updated a day earlier than I said. Sorry, I'm just super excited to finally be able to start updating and actually have a solid update schedule. So, yeah go me!

Anyways though, we got to see a little glimpse of Emery's past life that kind of explains a few things about her personality

Anyways though, we got to see a little glimpse of Emery's past life that kind of explains a few things about her personality. If you're still curious, don't worry there's more to be explained, but that will come in later chapters.

Thanks so much for checking this book out and please don't forget to vote and comment!

Next update will be either Next Monday or Tuesday

- Katy