6. You Don't Know Him (Edited)

Start from the beginning

"You've never kissed anyone before."

Crap.

Crap, crap, crap, crap.

Obviously, he was completely and totally right, but there was no way I was going to tell hm that! To be honest, the reason that I've never kissed anyone is because I've been saving it for one person. For the perfect moment. But there's no way I'm telling him what a hopeless romantic I am.

"I have to kissed someone before!" I cried, lying straight through my teeth.

He grinned as he stared at me, the smug smile only widening with each passing second. "You're a terrible liar."

"You're a jerk."

He burst out laughing.

Now keep in mind that we were currently in a library, so the number of evil eyes the both us were receiving wasn't even funny. Everywhere I looked all eyes were on us, even Mrs. Noe was glaring at me with her eyebrows raised, before shaking her head. Aiden still hadn't stopped laughing though, he just kept right on at it like he didn't even care.

"Shut up!" I whisper-yelled, giving his shoulder a push as I looked around at all the glares we were getting. "Aiden, I'm serious! Shut up!"

He snorted as he turned his head, looking behind his shoulder at all the glares we were receiving form my fellow tutors. Even Jake, someone who wasn't usually quiet in the library, had his eyes narrowed and his lips pursed at both Aiden and I.

Amidst all the glares though, the one person I had been to see all day walked into the library, carrying a book in his right hand and a pair of cleats in the other. His hair was glistening with sweat and he was sporting practice clothes, along with taped shin guards. To say he looked attractive was an understatement. He was so hot that as soon as he walked into the room all acknowledgement of Aiden's presence went right out the window. I didn't even notice Aiden watching me as I stared, entranced by Evan.

As I sat there and admired how attractive Evan was and how every time I saw him my heart would pound in my chest, as if sensing exactly who was in my presence, his head turned, and I nearly dropped everything I owned trying to make sure he didn't see me staring at him. I cupped my left hand on the side of my face, hopefully shielding myself from his view. I even angled my chair away from him, turning my back towards him, picking up my pen, and rapidly scribbling in my notebook. To be honest though, I don't even know what I was writing down.

"Emery?" I heard his sweet, angelic voice say as I gulped, before lowering my hand. My gaze landed on him, as I turned around, looking over my shoulder.

"Evan? Hey!" I smiled, trying to keep myself from sounding like I was out of breath., or like I hadn't just been staring at him from across the room.

"What're you doing here?" Evan asked, a faint smile on his face, only as his eyes flickered towards Aiden it slowly went away.

"Uh – " I looked back at Aiden, and the sight I was greeted with made no sense to me.

Aiden's eyes were narrowed into slits, his jawline ticked in anger as he stared Evan down with a murderous look in his eyes. The hand that had been clutching his pencil was now curled into a tight fist, the knuckles of his hand appearing as white as snow. I looked back at Evan, who was tapping his fingers against the side of his leg, looking anywhere but Aiden as he waited for me to respond.

showing up. The murderous look in Aiden's eyes honestly had me a bit freaked out as I slowly looked back at Evan.

" – just – tutoring." I said slowly, my eyes flickering between them both. The looks they were sending each other certainly weren't pleasant.