The Blame Game

Matt and Edd held tightly onto each of Tom's arms as they ran through the rain towards their apartment complex. Tom was practically being dragged. He couldn't move, not after what he had just witnessed. He felt sick, he had just watched someone possibly get killed for his sake... That wasn't something that was very easy to swallow. Edd and Matt got to the complex, dragging Tom up the stairs to Edd's apartment and slamming the door shut behind them.
"We... Did it!" Edd cheered, still trying to catch his breath.
"We saved Tom!" Matt grinned.
"You remembered his name!" Edd smirked.
"I did? I did!" Matt chuckled in disbelief. Edd and Matt turned their attention to Tom. He seemed... Frozen?
"Tom? Are you alright?" Edd asked, a look of concern obvious on his face.
"I could've helped her..." Tom mumbled quietly.
"What?" Matt asked, not quite hearing Tom.
"Oh uh... Nothing, I'm fine," Tom lied. He had already put his friends through enough what with him apparently disappearing. Edd ran to Tom and hugged him tightly.
"I so glad you're okay Tom! We were so worried that Tord hurt you or worse!" Edd exclaimed.
"Calm down Edd," Tom chuckled.
"Don't you tell me to calm down! I thought Tord was going to kill you!" Edd pouted as he pulled away from the hug.
"Well miraculously, he didn't," Tom sighed.
"Matt? Don't you think we should tell him about... Y'know?" Edd whispered.
"Oh yeah, Edd and I are da-" Edd quickly covered Matt's mouth.
"I meant the other thing!" He squeaked.
"What?" Tom asked.
"Tom, you don't remember what happened after the magic shop do you?" Edd frowned. Tom lightly shook his head.
"You were hit with a potion that made you turn into a kid," Matt shrugged nonchalantly. Tom nearly fell over.
"WHAT?! HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER?!" Tom shouted.
"Tom calm down," Edd sighed.
"EDD HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM DOWN?!" Tom growled.
"Well if you don't you won't be able to hear the rest of what happened," Matt mumbled with his arms crossed. Tom glared at Matt. He stomped over to the couch and plopped down, his arms crossed and his face slightly scrunched up.
"Fine, finish your ridiculous story," Tom scoffed.
"I will! After that potion hit you and you became a child, you freaked out and ran away, we're not too sure what happened to you after that, we searched for you though and the lady at the magic shop apparently saw you walking away with Tod, long story short we found his base and tried to rescue you, but you said you wanted to stay with Turd, so we decided to leave you there," Matt explained.
"Why didn't you grab me anyways?!" Tom scowled.
"It was the middle of the night Tom, and you were threatening to yell and wake everyone up if we so much as asked you to leave," Edd sighed.
"I ended up overhearing one of Tard's soldier's a few days later, they said you were an adult again so I figured we could try again," Matt nodded.
"Huh... I... I think I need to lay down for a bit..." Tom whispered, getting up and trudging towards the door.
"Yeah, that might be for the best, you've been through alot today Tom, try to get some rest," Edd smiled. Tom nodded and left Edd's apartment.
"Why didn't you want me to tell him about us dating?" Matt asked.
"Like I said, he's been through alot, let's give him some time before we drop another bombshell on him," Edd replied.
"So... Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Matt grinned.
"Celebratory cola cake?" Edd giggled.
"Heck yes!" Matt cheered dashing towards Edd's kitchen. Edd laughed and followed closely behind him. Meanwhile Tom had gotten back to his apartment, not like it was that long of a walk. He was trying to take in everything Matt had told him. He became a kid again? That was insane! Even for Matt! Then again... Edd agreed with him, and Tom trusted him the most... Did all of that really happen? It was nice to finally know, but he still wanted to know what had happened that made him so attached to Tord as a child in the first place. He probably bribed him with candy or something, that had to be it. Tom chuckled and walked into his room, flopping down onto his bed with an exasperated sigh. He reached towards his waist to untie his hoodie... But he felt nothing. He looked down only to realize... His hoodie was gone! Did it fall off when they were running towards the apartment complex?! Or worse... Did it fall off while they were wandering through Tord's base?! Tom took deep breaths, trying to keep himself calm. It probably just came loose while he was at Edd's and he hadn't noticed, he could get it back in the morning after he was fully rested. Tom tried shifting his thoughts to something else... But this was a huge mistake on his part. His thoughts immediately shifted over to the seamstress... No... Catherine. She didn't want to hurt anyone, she said so herself, she even helped them escape! She was nothing more than an innocent bystander who got caught between him and Tord's stupid conflict. Oh god... Who else's life had he ruined? That medic guy has to take care of her now, if she dies he'll probably be blamed for it. Although Tom hates that ripper guy, he still felt guilty, he had gotten his sister shot! If she died... he'd probably ruin that guy's life too. The researcher seemed like she was such good friends with her... And the lead scientist would probably be distraught from seeing the researcher so sad and... And... It all lead back to Tom. He just had to let someone who had nothing to with this get involved, and now everyone else was paying the price for his stupid mistake. Tom got up and walked over to his kitchen, eventually returning to his room while chugging a bottle of Smirnoff.
"It's should've been me," Tom slurred.

I am so sorry I made all of you wait so long for an update, not to mention it's as bad as it is. I was busy and then I went on vacation and accidentally went on hiatus because of it... I'm so sorry everyone. Here, have some fan art, I doubt it makes up for it...

T

T

hese are both so adorable and I love them so much! They were both created by OppositedayTord they also made a gif for me, but it won't let me put it on here unfortunately... ):

Finally, some of you who have been very dedicated to this story may recognize this fan art, it's a redraw that A-peice-of-shit made for an older fan art they made for me, and I think they did a fantastic job

Finally, some of you who have been very dedicated to this story may recognize this fan art, it's a redraw that A-peice-of-shit made for an older fan art they made for me, and I think they did a fantastic job. Also, even though I've kept you all waiting for so long, this story still somehow reached seventy thousand reads.... I cannot believe that... Not even for a second, I am in complete and utter disbelief by this. Also, I am aware that I was sent more fan art than what is currently shown, but I'm doing that on purpose. I want to try and get two chapters out on the same day to make up for my idiocy, so I will include the other half in the next chapter. Thank you all for understanding, and thank you all for reading!