「 ✩ * º IN HIS EYES / GIANCARLO STANTON. 」

GIANCARLO STANTON IMAGINE

" in his eyes - for ellie "

They were doing it, again.

Dee and Gigi were all over each other, kissing and hugging. For the two of them, it seemed like no one else existed. For everyone else, it seemed like they couldn't get a room, and made everyone else watch their sugary sweet candy-coated love fest after every game, win or lose.

Now, don't get her wrong, Ellie was over the moon that her friend was so in love with her boyfriend but, well, she couldn't help but think that if that was her – but it wasn't.

She wasn't Gigi, and Gigi wasn't her. Understatement of the century, of course, because they were the type of friends who seemed to come together, even though they were from opposite ends of the spectrum. Ellie was always more outgoing and even a little flirty whenever the situation called for it, whereas Gigi was more reserved.

Oh, how the tables have turned, Ellie thought to herself as she watched Gigi be honest and open about her feelings (something that Ellie knew she could never do).

"Wow," a voice pulled her out of her daydreams. "Look at those two go. You think they ever get tired?"

She didn't have to turn back and look at the speaker, she knew it was Giancarlo. She'd be able to pick him out in a crowd (mostly because he would be one of the tallest people in that crowd, but still). Ellie shrugged and moved over on the bench, so that he could sit beside her.

It's a tight fit (with him being so big and her being so, well, not), but they make it work like they have countless times before.

"Watch your mouth, that's my best friend you're talking about." Ellie scoffs, smiling at Giancarlo before looking back at Dee and Gigi.

"Dee's my best friend too." Giancarlo insisted.

Ellie rolled her eyes. "Everyone's your best friend."

Giancarlo seemed to take that into consideration, his eyebrows furrowing together as he looked off into the distance. She felt her heart catch in her chest, looking at him like that.

He was so undeniably gorgeous and they were so close and she could see herself reaching out and touching him and—what was the use? Ellie had no clue what Giancarlo thought of her. Was what she felt mutual, or did she have some silly little unrequited crush?

She wasn't sure that she wanted to find out.

Oh well, she had to put her thoughts on the shelf for the time being, because over walked Dee.