Breakdown in Africa

Me and my family were having a summer vacation in Africa and I knew a week before we went that the second week we were there that my period would start. I knew that my period was quite a challenge for me monthly so I had no idea how I was going to be on my period in the hot environment. So my period started the second week, everything was fine for only a few minutes 💀. I started getting incredibly bad cramps so I went to sleep in my bed to try and relieve the pain and my mom and sisters kept checking up on me to make sure I was fine . I woke up around 7PM and realized I slept for the whole day and suddenly I grew INCREDIBLY constipated so I almost ran to the bathroom to do my business and cramps just shot out. It literally felt like my uterus was being stabbed and carved 😷😷. So while I was in the bathroom in intense pain my older sister checks on me asking if I was in the bathroom and I responded in a weak and hurt voice which I did not think would come out that way. A few minutes passed and I had the worst period pain EVER. I counted this as my worst period 😂. I told my younger sister to tell my mom that I wasn't feeling okay and I lyed back on the edge of my bed. Instead my other older sister came to check. For some reason I felt like I couldn't breathe properly because of the humid air. She asked if I was okay and I sit down breaking down in tears 😂😂. This is the first time I've cried openly to someone on my period. I wasn't just crying I was crying an ocean. Then my dad came in shortly and I felt kind of embarrassed. My sister told him that I felt like I couldn't breathe and he suddenly got scared. As I was crying I told my sister "I don't know why I'm crying." I really didn't know why I was crying SO HARD. Then my dad grew confused and my sister finally said that I was on my period chuckling at how confused he was. All he said was "Oh." I layed back down and they both left and half an hour later my mom decides to come and check on me and I was still crying! I literally cried for two hours straight even after my cramps stopped suddenly. I then asked myself why God would make such a thing for women 😂.

-Anonymous