36 ; flashback

4 months earlier

tyler entered his shared house with his girlfriend of 18 months and saw her on the couch. "hey babe, i thought you were hanging out with allyiah today."

"i was, but i didn't feel good." she replied, not taking her eyes off the tv.

"you're still not feeling good?" he sighed, sitting next to her. "you've been throwing up for two days. you want to go to the doctor or something?"

"i did today." kelsey said looking at tyler.

"you did? when?" he asked.

"about an hour after you left, i didn't tell you because i knew that you would leave your meeting and come with me." she announced.

"okay, what'd they say? stomach bug? flu?"

"they said im pregnant." kelsey said looking at tyler, biting her lip softly.

tyler's jaw dropped and he looked at his girlfriend in shock. "you're pregnant?"

kelsey nodded, a smile breaking out on her face.

tyler let out a breathy laugh. "oh my god."

"so far you're the only one who knows so far." she said letting out a deep breath. "you think we can do this?" she asked nervously.

tyler smiled and grabbed kelsey's hand gently. "we can do anything. this is going to be amazing."

kelsey nodded and broke out in a large smile once again. "we're having a baby." she said in realization.

"we're having a baby."