Obsession

30/05 to 13/06 – 2017

I wasn't going to do this challenge but then the song 'Hate me' from 'Blue October' inspired me.

**********

Obsession

My name is Jack and I took your place beside her at night.

I ease her broken heart you so properly shattered. I over-rule your toxic hold on her broken mind.

I listen with a satisfied ear to all her stories regarding you. She misses you. It makes me happy because I know the more she thinks of you, the more she turns to me for comfort.

I helped lull her to sleep tonight, again. She needed me after seeing you today. She told me how she saw you at the restaurant, with your friends. She secretly followed you there. I grinned, watching her stalk your whereabouts—the internet really makes it easy nowadays.

She reaches for me every time she breaks down while staring at your photos, and I instantly ease her pain. She can't seem to let you go. Her little obsession with you makes me jealous at times but I will never let it show. In some twisted way I have to thank you, your actions sent her running back to me, her old friend. She rekindled our love-hate relationship, and I must say, it's better than ever.

I hate mornings. They are the worst for our relationship.

In the mornings she distends herself from me. I bite my tongue each morning while I listen to her. She tells me how she needs to make things right with you. Apparently, she can't do that with me in her life.

It makes me angry. So, I silently promise that the next time she needs me I will ensure that it's worth her while. I know she will need me tonight because I had to listen to her elaborate plan all morning. I hate the mornings. Her desperate plan was to talk to you today—she thinks she can make things right. 

All day I waited for her to come home to me. Hoping that she will be devastated and yearning for me—just the way I liked her.

I know I can count on you, to send her back to me in just that state. 

We both know you can't handle her crazy theatrics. Only I can. She scares you each time she lights herself on fire with her undying passion for you but I like watching her burn.

You wonder what it is about you that has her in such a frenzy. You don't appreciate her delicate mind. I admire the upheaval. Her fantastic episodes excite me. She exceeds your expectations of normalcy but, to me, she pushes the limits of extraordinary.

Too bad you couldn't accept her. 

You deny her only request—she just wants you to kiss her trembling lips. 

Now, it's only me that grace those quivering lips, and I do love it when those lips part so invitingly.

I watch the time tick by, the sun is setting and I know she will be home any moment now. She especially goes bump at night, and I look forward to it.

She falls into the house, shattered by you once again. "Oh, Jack, why can't he just accept me like you?" she murmurs frantically, rocking in the dark as she holds me to her dysfunctional heart.

I warm her as I touch her lips. I love these private little moments with her.

Day in and day out, this was our routine. As time passed her obsession with you only grew, but so did her attraction to me. It's practically unhealthy, and her burning confliction between me and you was blurring the lines confining her reality.

The other night she brought home a restraining order. The little piece of paper unsettled her. She took my advice, and I helped her tear it to shreds. Did you honestly think a piece of paper will stop us?

I used to ease her shattered heart, now I help fuel her anger. 

She deserves so much better than you. So does the next heart you attempt to steal. I have been plotting against you, and soon I will convince her to eradicate you.

We don't need you anymore. I don't need you anymore. My relationship with her is strong enough without the need for you to push her over the edge anymore.

Now, all that's left is to let the war rage on. Her obsession with you versus her addiction to me. Either way, we both play a part in her destruction.

My name is Jack Daniels, and I took up residence on her nightstand, ready for her to swallow my hate for you.