29. Petite Colombe

Ashton's POV:

Everything Soraya told me was shocking but I'd already guessed it was something terrible that caused her to be so against people. And now as we sat in her room I had to find a way to calm her down. My arms were still wrapped around her as she sobbed into my shoulder, but despite having spent years learning how to calm my sisters down when they were upset, I felt lost.

"Com'on Petite Colombe" I stated motioning her to move slightly, "How bout I go make my famous hot chocolate, then we can watch a movie or something yeah?"

She sniffled lightly, rubbing furiously at her eyes as she pulled back from my shoulder, my arms still around her waist as I waited for an answer. She nodded after she spent a few moments collecting herself and tried to pull away to walk towards the door but I just shook my head with a grin.

"No no no, you're coming with me." I specified, pulling her back to me by her arm and then quickly picking her up by her upper thighs before she had time to start protesting, and tossing her gently over my shoulder.

"Ashton!" She shouted, hitting at my back in distress "Ashton! Put me down!" I laughed at her protests, and began making my way down the stairs towards the kitchen, one arm wrapped securely around her legs below her arse so she didn't fall.

"This isn't funny!" She shouted again but I could hear the laughter in her voice as I stepped through the doorway. "I'm not five" she finally huffed, and I could feel her elbows press against my lower back as she presumably propped her head up on her palms. I could just about picture the smile on her face, but she'd already schooled it into a frown as I dragged her back down off my shoulder and placed her on the bench top near the stove.

I stood frozen for a moment in front of her. Her eyes were still puffy from crying but they were now alight with amusement despite the frown shaking on her lips.

"You're an asshole." She muttered, blowing a strand of hair out of her face, but it was reluctant and fell back down. Almost on instinct I reached out to brush the burgundy strand behind her ear and the frown dropped from her face as she stared at me. "What?" she asked confused, "Is there something on my face?" There were streaks of mascara staining her cheeks but I shook my head and pulled back. Removing my hand from the counter where it had at some point landed beside her without me noticing.

"No you're all good." I replied with a grin, turning to face the stove and rubbing my hands together, "Now, where do you keep the cocoa powder and your saucepans?" I glanced back at her as she pointed towards the cupboard beside and below the stove,

"Saucepan's are in there and then the cocoa powder and whatever else you need is in the pantry." She explained, "but why is this a 'famous' hot chocolate recipe?" she asked sceptically, an eyebrow raised for affect.

"Well it's a hit with the guys and the twins absolutely love it but I guess you're just going to have to wait and try it for yourself." I winked and got to work pulling out the items I needed, mixing the cocoa powder with some raw sugar, a dash of vanilla and milk before setting it all to simmer on the stove.

"I'm a little surprised that you actually know what you're doing." Soraya stated in amusement, swinging her legs back and forth without hitting the bench and as she put her weight on her outstretched arms on the counter top either side of her. I leaned against the counter beside the stove with my hip, watching her with a smirk as I stirred the hot chocolate gently.

"What? You thought I couldn't cook?" I raised an eyebrow,

"Still not convinced you can actually." she corrected, a grin that could only be described as mischievous spreading across her lips "Making hot chocolate is a far cry from actually being able to properly cook."