27. The Reunion

Zeke's POV:

"You can't stop me!" I shouted back, spinning my keys around my finger once before closing my fist around them and moving swiftly towards the door.

"I know! But he doesn't wan-!" Soraya shouted but I wasn't listening,

"Can't hear you! Don't wanna hear you! Bye sis'!" I called up the stairs, before ducking out the door and shutting it softly behind me.I was horribly nervous and that was an understatement. What if he really didn't want to see me? It had already been a week since the accident, he'd had proper time to stew on what I'd done, maybe he did hate me? Hell he probably should.

After all I was coming on a bit strong I suppose. But he had started it that day at Ashton's place, this wasn't all my fault. I mean suuree I might have stared a little too long and maybe I was reading too much into this than I should have. But I was still going to visit him. Whether I thought he hated me or not. No amount of nerves would stop me from doing that.

So it was with that small burst of purpose that I was able to grip the steering wheel a little more confidently and soon I was pulling onto his street. Feeling only slightly creeperish that I knew exactly where I was going. He was however known for throwing parties whilst his parents were out so I didn't feel that bad.

Speaking of his parents, I wonder if they're home.

That could be a horrible experience waiting to happen. In fact I'm not even sure Maer would bother opening the door once she saw me. But hopefully luck was on my side. And if all else failed I could probably climb that tree leaning oddly close to Xav's window.

Pulling up to park in front of one of the neighbours yards, I quickly slid out of my car and pushed down the uneasiness threatening to make me turn around and leave. Because no. I was doing this.

So it was with that that I moved towards the impeccably done up garden-they must have had a gardener work on it; I doubted Maer had a secret green thumb. The gravel crunched under my shoes as I made my way up the drive, and I cursed the fact that I couldn't make a silent approach. This was going to be so awkward. I should have just stayed for Soraya's birthday party, it's bound to be less awkward then this... well maybe. That's up for debate really.

I hesitated when I reached the door, hand hovering over the doorbell button. Fuck. I didn't think I was really this nervous to see him.But my hands were shaking in front of me, and I couldn't stop the rush of nerves that flooded my body like pins and needles.

What if he hated me?

He'd definitely made it pretty clear that he wasn't interested in me.But I was here to be a friend.

Speaking of which, before I had the chance push the bell, the door was pulled open and Ashton stood before me, his face morphing into a grin when he recognised me.

"Zeke, man what are you doing here?" He asked, continuing to pull on his jacket haphazardly, like seriously I was worried he'd loose an eye.

"Figured I should probs stop by and see how Xav's doing." I replied, shifting uncomfortably under his stare. He was actually quite attractive, but I'd already known that, after all I'd been in school with him for years. But he wasn't someone I was interested in, and that was perfectly fine because I may or may not have a ship going between him and Soraya.

"Yeah, true." Ashton replied, stepping out the door and pulling it half closed behind him, "Hey can I ask you something?"

"Uh, sure?"

"Are you – Uh – Are you like - you know?" He asked awkwardly and I blinked at him blankly,

"...Not really sure what your tryna ask there man." I stated, completely stumped by what the hell he was trying to ask me. He let out an annoyed huff, clearly put out by the fact I had absolutely no idea what he was going for.