11. What is this school you speak of?

Soraya’s POV:

I sighed as I opened my locker, the start of a stupid and damned Wednesday. Advanced Spanish was first up, and I was not ready for the physical education coming after that though. Today is not going to be a good day. I legitimately got out of bed about fifteen minutes ago, brushed my teeth, got changed and didn’t even brush my hair before I was getting Ezekiel to drive me to school while I was shouting like a mad man.

I hadn’t even had food or caffeine yet.

The books fell out of my locker, and I just watched them fall. I had my first shift at the club last night, but when I got home at midnight I couldn’t sleep. It might have been the headache I had from the overly loud music or from the fact that I had only had a coffee an hour before so I could make it through the last hour of my shift.

Either way, I wasn’t very enthused about today. I still hadn’t picked up my books and I continued to stare at them. I watched as a hand came into view and picked a few of them up. As my eyes trailed up the muscular arm I found myself staring into familiar green eyes. “Hey.” He said quietly, putting the books into the locker.

“Hi.” I responded, watching as he picked up the others.

“So… what’s up?” He asked next, and I continued to stare as he put the rest of my books in my locker.

“You didn’t have to do that Xavier.” I told him. “I was about to do it after I gathered enough energy to…” I trailed off.

“You better get some energy soon.” He told me.

“Why?” I questioned.

“We have training after school.” He said like it was obvious.

“Fucking shit balls.” I swore, realizing that I wasn’t ready for that just yet.

“Indeed.” He responded, and I think I started to cry internally. “Also, our first game is tomorrow. You have to get this signed by your teachers today.” He handed me a slip of paper.

“Okay…” I trailed off. “Do I even have a uniform?” I asked, knowing that I would need something other than those slut shorts and old P.E. shirt.

“Uh, we have spare ones that you can wear until we get one for you.” He explained, leaning against the lockers as I got the books I would need for later. My Spanish book and my P.E. one. After that we had homeroom, so I could get some other books then. I began walking towards my Spanish class, turning a corner and I found Ashton kissing some blonde girl.

Well, that was definitely something different. I don’t know why, but for some reason I felt slightly jealous…

But that would be because of the fact that I can’t do that with someone without feeling a highly painful burning sensation. Well, I don’t think I would feel it if I was drunk. Not that I would actually know, since I haven’t been drunk before. I'm sure I would be at least slightly interesting.