Chapter twenty nine

It's been two days since Kayden kissed me, two days since I received that text. Reece has been acting very overprotective of me since then. He's made me stay at his place the past two nights, only allowing me to go home after midnight. We'd stay in his room talking or playing video games, not that I'm complaining about it. I love spending time with Reece, it's only made my feelings for him grow. I'm worried he doesn't feel the same way about me. What if he only thinks of me as a friend? He did tell me that the kiss we shared was a mistake.

    Reece made me show him the rest of the texts I had received and he kind of lost it after. He was so angry I thought he was going to go out looking for this bastard himself. Showing him made me realize that the stalker never mentioned anything about me telling Reece everything. Psycho stalker man told me there would be consequences if I told and him not mentioning anything has made me more afraid than before. Is he planning something? What if he hurts me? What if he hurts someone else? I couldn't handle it if one of my friends were hurt because of this.

    "You ready?" Reece asks when I let him inside my house.

    "I am," I nod. "Do you want anything before we start?"

"No thanks."

    We made plans to workout tonight since I've been slacking the whole time I was ignoring him. I didn't workout once, too depressed to do much of anything really. I essentially became a couch potato, binging on Netflix for two straight weeks.

We stretch and do our regular routine of push-ups, sit-ups, jump rope, and any other exercise Reece forces me to do before he decides to give me a break.

He wipes his sweaty forehead with a towel. "Take a five minute break and then I want to work on your kicks."

I can't help but stare at his bare chest, glistening with a thin layer of perspiration. My mouth dries up at the sight of his defined shoulders and arms, the thin layer of hair leading from his navel down beneath his shorts. I gulp, turning away to grab my bottle of cold water before he can notice me ogling his body.

"Do you have any fights coming up?" I ask, taking a sip from my drink.

"I actually have one tomorrow night."

Excitement courses through my body. "Can I come?"

He hesitates. "I don't know, Cupcake. It might be too risky."

"Oh, come on, Reece," I whine. "You'll be there the whole time and so will Seb. Nothing will happen."

He grunts, "fine, but you have to stay near us at all times."

    "Aye Aye Captain," I salute him.

    He rolls his eyes, "come on, get back to work."

    I gulp down the rest of my water before joining him over in the corner. Reece put thick padded gloves on to protect his hands from my kicks and holds them up around his hip.

    "Give me your best."

    I chuckle. "You sure you can handle it?"

    "Try me."

    Despite my teasing, Reece actually holds his own quite well. He blocks all my kicks and gives advice on what to adjust. Everything is going smoothly until I aim a kick slightly too low and catch his leg instead of the glove. His arm lowers, wrapping around my leg and pulling, tugging me forward. I lose my balance crashing into his chest and we both stumble to the floor.

    I land hard on top of Reece, his hand still wrapped tightly around my thigh. We stare at each other in surprise, both breathing heavily. Our faces are inches apart, I can see every small detail on his skin like the small smattering of freckles brushed across the bridge of his nose, or the dark chocolate swirls in his eyes. I can also see the moment his eyes glance down at my lips.