Chapter twenty

Julia, Luke, I arrive at school bright and early the next morning and we make our way over to the rest of our friends standing near the entrance.

The cops called us this morning to keep us updated on the investigation of who trashed our car, but they have no leads. There was no evidence to indicate anyone who could have committed the crime. They even questioned Reece, which I think was unnecessary, I know for a fact that it wasn't him.

I haven't received another text since the last one and I'm glad that I haven't. This guy really creeps me out and I don't know what to do. I can't tell Luke or he'll flip out and call the police. The psycho specifically said not to contact them or there would be consequences. I thought about telling Reece, but I quickly dismissed that idea not knowing how he would react. I'll just have to keep this to myself for now even if it's scaring the shit out of me.

"It's going to be great! I can't wait to see the decorations," Lena bounces up and down on the balls of her feet in excitement.

"What are you decorating?" I question her.

"I'm not decoration anything, but the Halloween dance is tomorrow night. Haven't you noticed the flyers around school?"

'Well no, I haven't Lena. I've been too busy worrying about my psycho stalker that seems to have jumped out of an episode of Pretty Little Liars and landed right in the middle of my life,' I think to myself.

"I guess I've just been preoccupied with things lately," I say out loud.

They each give me looks of understanding as I've told them what happened to the car.

"We have to go shopping for our costumes. Do you want to go with us tonight to buy yours for the dance?" Julia asks.

"Oh no thanks, dances aren't really my thing," I decline as nonchalantly as possible.

In reality, I don't really mind going to school dances. It's just the last dance I attended was with Jayden. He had gotten piss drunk and left me all alone at the end. That's not even the worse part of the night.

"What? You have to go! It's your first school dance here," Lena tries to persuade me but I refuse to give in.

"I really don't like dances, guys. I'll go shopping to help you with your costumes, but I think I'm going to sit this one out," I say firmly.

Julia and Lena both pout, but agree with me nonetheless and we make plans to meet after school to shop for their costumes.

I walk into the cafeteria for lunch and saunter over to the table Reece occupies.

"Hey Reece," I greet, taking a seat opposite him.

"What are you doing?" He grumbles, "you're not supposed to sit with me, remember?"

"And I told you that I don't care what people think of me," I cross my arms over my chest. "Anyway, I came over here for a reason. I have to cancel on you tonight."

He raises a brow, "why?"

"Julia and Lena want me to go shopping tonight for their costumes for the dance on Friday."

"You're going to the dance?" he asks with a weird look on his face, "with who?"

"Oh, I'm not going to the dance. I'm just helping them pick out their costumes. Dances aren't my thing," I give him the same excuse I gave the girls.

"I'm not going either."

"No? Don't plan to ask Rebecca or anything?" I laugh.

He chuckles. "Definitely not."