Chapter twenty six

I spend the rest of lunch in the library avoiding everyone. It seems like all I do nowadays is avoid people, but I just have to be alone to collect my thoughts.

I'm quiet in the rest of my classes as well but no one questions me on my sudden silence and I spend most of Wednesday in the same daze. Although there is an added large amount of anxiousness to my mood today because when Reece comes over for our workout I'm going to tell him that I don't want him to train me anymore. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to do it or what I'm going to say, but it has to happen today. I can't keep putting it off or else I'll just be torturing myself along with him.

I sit in the family room, my body tensed on the couch just staring at the wall while I wait for him to show up. I'm not sure how long I sit here, but it must be for a while if my cramped up legs have anything to say about it. A bead of sweat rolls down my neck, a sign of how nervous I am, and I swallow with much difficulty. I still don't know what I'm going to tell him exactly and I'm just going to have to wing it.

Luke strolls into the room and carefully sits down on the chair across from my position on the couch.

He stares at me intently, "Are you going to tell me what's going on?"

I look at him and slowly shake my head before averting my gaze back to the wall.

"I know you, Quinn. I can tell when something is really bothering you. It must be a twin thing, but I know that whatever it is has to do with Reece. You know you can talk to me about anything right?"

"I know," I murmur quietly.

"Did he do something? Did he hurt you? Because I'll kick his ass if he did."

I shake my head quickly, "he didn't do anything, Luke."

"What's going on then?"

"Nothing, I'm fine," I sigh.

He tugs on his hair in frustration, "come see me when you get your shit together and decide to start telling the truth, Quinn. I thought you knew you could tell me anything, but I guess I was wrong."

Luke proceeds to storm upstairs leaving me stunned.

What just happened?

I take a deep breath through my nose and shut my eyes tightly when I feel them start to burn. Luke and I have never gotten into a fight like that before. I mean, we've gotten into small arguments and we bicker jokingly, but we never fought seriously like that. I hate that I made him upset with me. He's one of the most important people to me. He's my twin, my best friend, and now I've made him angry with me.

I don't blame him one bit though because if I were him I'd be angry at me too. I know I can talk to him about anything and he'll try to understand and help me but I can take care of it myself. I don't want to drag anyone into my problems and I don't want them to get hurt because I told them about Mr. Psycho Stalker.

The doorbell rings and in walks Reece. I told him he can just walk in and that he doesn't have to wait for me to answer the door. He's dressed in a pair of black sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt that would probably be removed later if we were actually going to workout tonight.

There is a frown on his face when he walks into the family room and I know it's probably because he's wondering why I haven't spoken to him in days. The frown deepens when he looks down at me on the couch still dressed in my jeans instead of workout clothes. I didn't think it was possible to have such a deep frown.

"Is everything okay, cupcake?"

I shake my head and decide to just get it over with quickly, "I don't want you to train me anymore."