Believe It Or Not

"Alright, I'm going now." Toby said with a cheerful tone as he walked out the door.

Masky and Hoodie were in the kitchen together, just talking and having a couple of drinks.

"So," Masky began "why do you think he is so happy? I mean he is only going out to kill at this time of night. And he isn't one of the weirdos in this mansion who loves to kill, is he?"

"Nah," Hoodie answered " I don't think he is, maybe he just met a girl or something. I mean he does only go out every Friday at this time."

Masky stood in silence as he thought. "You know what?"

"You're going to follow him," Hoodie said nonchalantly as he took a sip of his drink.

"I'm going to follow him." And with that Masky made his way out the door. Hoodie just stood in the kitchen and sipped at his drink again.

_____________

It took Masky a while to catch up to Toby, even if Toby was just walking to his destination.

Masky sat back in the bushes as he watched Toby approach a bench placed next to a lamp-post.

It was a couple of hours before Masky noticed Toby's reaction to something, Or rather someone, that approached from the left. 

~Toby's POV~

As I sat on the bench, I patiently waited. Finally, I looked up to see the one and only thing that made me happy. I smiled gladly as I stood before a woman, wearing a beautiful shade of red dress with a golden bow flowing down the side seam.

"H-Hello, (y-y/n)." I greeted. She smiled at me, her smile was soft and welcoming.

"Hello, Toby." She said smoothly. "How was your day today." (Y/n) Sat down on the bench, opposite of where I sat.

I sat beside her nervously, my smile still plastered upon my face. "It was g-good. Nothing m-much happened, I d-did my usual j-job." I said, (Y/n) looked at me, then ahead, as if she had something to say.

"You mean being an errand boy?" She said with disbelief. "But, Toby," (Y/n) then grabbed my hand carefully. "You have more potential than that." Her voice seemed to become saddened, she has told me this many times, but every time I dismiss it.

"I-I know. B-but I have t-to." I didn't want to say it, I just wanted to make her happy. "S-so, w-what did you do t-today? Anything e-exciting?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"Oh," she smiled. " you don't want to know what I did today." She said in a sort of sarcastic tone.

I smile happily. "W-why? Y-you think I-I won't l-like it?" She looked at me in a playful way. "D-don't worry. I w-won't j-judge or a-anything. I s-swear." She looked away from me and lean back.

Then she broke into a soft laughter. Her laugh was so adorable, I couldn't help but feel nervous around her.

After speaking for several minutes, there came a sound from the woods behind us. (Y/n) stopped to look around, I looked at her confused.

"Toby," She began "Are you sure you came alone?" She sounded worried.

"O-of course," I told her honestly. (Y/n) stood, I stood beside her, trying to comfort her. "(Y/n), d-don't worry, it was p-probably an animal or s-something."

(Y/n) shook her head aggressively. "No, it is a person, I can feel it. I got to go." (Y/n) began to leave.

I tried following her. "(Y/n) c-can't you stay l-longer? I'll g-go after the p-person for you."