Amplification: Part 1

Chelsea's P.O.V.

I sat in the back of Stiles' car. I'm always in the back of the car. Stupid, Scott. He always beats me for shotgun.

Stiles was following the police as there has been multiple sightings of the Beast of Gevaudan.

"Unit Five heading northwest on Crescent reporting an incredibly large. . . Something."

"Unit Nine, to Dispatch, I think I've got eyes on the same thing. Some kind of rabid animal.

"Unit Five to Nine, trust me, that's no animal.

"Unit Six to Dispatch. We have a situation downtown. Multiple fatalities."

"Copy, medics on the way. Do you have a perp in sight, Unit Six?"

"Negative. Looks like a 10-91E. Animal attack.

"10-4, can you say what kind of animal?"

Stiles picks up the dispatch microphone, "All units stay back. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage."

"Stiles, get off the radio." Sheriff scolds him. "All unit alert. Wait for back-up. Repeat, no one goes near this thing.

I suddenly felt like I was going to burst into flames, "It's happening!"

"What's happening?" Scott turns around and I growl at him. He turns to Stiles, "It's happening."

"Unit Five reporting a sighting on Hill Road southbound.

"Jordan is heading over to the hospital." I say breathlessly. "Stiles hurry!"

"I didn't know you could control your hellhoundness." He chuckles.

I grab his shoulder tightly, "If you don't hurry up, I will set this car on fire. There's a 90% chance that only one of us will come out alive."

Stiles nods, "Duly noted."

"Unit Nine, I've got it turning off Oakridge, southbound on Beachwood.

"All units, this is Dispatch. We've got a 911 call with additional sighting on Mitchell.

Stiles picks up the dispatch microphone again, "Dad." 

"Stiles, get off this channel." Sheriff scolds him once more. 

Stiles sighs, "Dad, just listen to me, okay? It's headed for the hospital, all right. He's headed for Beacon Memorial. You hear me? It's headed for the hospital."

"Unit Five, Clark, I need eyes on Parrish. Does anyone have Parrish's 20?" The Sheriff asks over the radio.

"All units, we have a 911 emergency call reporting a man on fire running into Beacon Memorial."

"Clark, disregard."

When we arrived, I ran out of the car and into the hospital. The boys follow me and soon the Sheriff joins.

I hear growling coming from upstairs, "That's Jordan. He's on the fourth floor."

I ran to the staircase and made my way up. Exiting the staircase, I slowly follow the low snarls. As I was about to turn the corner, a ball of fire flew past me.