Chapter 31: 46

Tris POV

Since we leave Chris' work, we went to the cafeteria and now we are at her house. She has been teaching me how to bake brownies as I told her about my day.

I'm not even sure if Tobias is mad or something. I just know he won't answer my texts, so probably he is. Well I kind of deserve it. I act like a total pansycake. Anyway I hope it doesn't last, I miss him already.

I want everything to be okay between us. So I decide to go talk with him. Last time I checked, he was on Zeke's. Maybe he's still there.

"Tris?" Chris says shaking her hand in front of my face. I must have zoned out.

"Uh, sorry, what were you saying?"

"I told you now we have to wait 25minutes to take them out of the oven."

"Oh. Okay" I want them now. "Chris, I see you tomorrow, ok? I have to talk with Tobias"

"Tris! When will you learn? He has to apologize to you!"

"But he didn't do anything wrong!"

I don't understand her boy's advices. They don't make sense, at least for me.

"It doesn't matter!"

I know her. She won't give up. I roll my eyes. "Whatever Chris, I'm leaving, see ya" I wave from the door already.

"You're doing it wrong!" I hear her from behind the now-closed-door.

I walk to the elevator, and as soon as I press the up bottom, it opens, revealing Tobias.

"Hey" we both say at the same time.

We both make a small laugh, more like a giggle.

"I have been looking for you everywhere" he tells me stepping out of the elevator.

"Really?" I ask surprised. "It didn't look like it. I have been texting you all day without response. I though you were angry"

"No no no no, I forget my phone in the appartment, I'm not mad, I was, but not anymore, let's just forget it. I have to tell you something."

That works for me. I didn't want to talk about it anyway.

"Me too"

"Tell me then" he says.

"No, you first"

"Ladies first"

"Same time"

"Ok. Ready? One, two, three!"

"I told them about us"

"I told Jennifer about us"

"What?" We both say at the same time, again.

This time without a laugh.

"Come on, let's go to the appartment, we can talk there." He tells me.

I nod and we enter the elevator and press floor 10.

"You can start explaining" I tell him as the elevator risses.

"Um, okay. So, after training I went to Zeke's and after a while I decided to go look for you. That's when I noticed I had forget my phone on the appatment. Anyway I looked for you everywhere!" We step put of the elevator and go inside the appartment,t os it on the couch. "And when I didn't know where to look anymore, I when to the initiate's dorm and asked for you, that's when they ask and I told them it was true, and then they thought we were having an affair because you had an engagedment ring and I didn't, I told them boys don't wear engagedment ring and leave. They're so weird. And with "they" I mean James, Paul and Jacey. You don't have to worry about her anymore, I'm sure she'll finally back off."

Finally!

"Yey! I don't think I was going to be able to handle that bitch anymore"

He laughs "and what's your story?"

"Well, I stayed to talk with Jen beca-"

"Jen? You mean Jennifer?"

"Yeah. So, as I was saying, I stayed because Jen asked me to. And that's when she asked me if we were dating. I told her that yes and as the Amity she is, she start asking lots of question about us, I answer a few and then leave to look for you. I text you again and again but you wouldn't answer, so I text Zeke, and he told me you were with him. I went to look for Chris, and spend the day with her."

"Yeaaah, sorry about that, as I told you, my phone was on the appartment. That explains why they said: so Jennifer was right" he says with a weird voice.

"So...now what?"

"Don't know. Hungry?"

"Not really, you?"

"I want cake. Dauntless cake" he says imitating James Bond voice.

I laugh and shake my head. He can be so funny when you get to know him. I remember when Christina was scared of him.

I laugh at the though and share it with Tobias.

"And how about you? Were you scared of your sexy instructor?"he says, raising his eyebrows.

"Never."

"Never what?"

"I was never scared of my sexy instructor" we burst laughing.

"Tobias?" I say getting all serious.

"Yes Tris?"

"Do you think I'll be alive right now if we haven't meet each other? Like on the war"

He thinks for a while and makes a small smile "of course you would"

"How can you be so sure? All the times you have safe me and all the times I tried to sacrifice myself."

"You will have figure it out. A way to survive. Because you are a surviver. And you are the bravest person I know. You are also pretty smart, and selfless, kind and beautiful"

I blush shyly, still don't like when people give me compliments. I don't know how to asnwer to that. So I say the first thing that comes to my mind: "no honest?"

He laughs "Nop, but you are-in fact, an amazing kisser"

I bite my lip "umm really? I may be not that bad, but you: WOAH!"

He laughs and I join him.

"Guess I'll have to judge you better, so show me" he tells me.

I lean over him and kiss him slowly.

I wrap my arms around his neck and put my legs each on one of his sides. He kisses back putting a hand on my cheek and the other on the small in my back.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Guys! I made the chapter longer, as I promised.

Next chapter will be Uriah's pov. I'll post on Saturday.

Please vote!

Thank you SO MUCH for reading!! 8.2!!!! 

Lov you 😘