Chapter 7: Love Birds

Tobias POV

"Evelyn?"

What is she doing here?

"Tobias...where is your shirt?

I totally forgot I'm shirtless. Awkard.

"Wait here."

I got to the room, to take out another tshirt and put it on. Then I go back to the door, but Evelyn has make herself at home, she has close the door and is sitting on the living room's couch.

"Better." She says.

"Evelyn. Why are you here?"

"You are my son. Sometimes I want to spend time with my son, you know?"

"We work together. I see you almost everyday..."

"Yeah, but we talk about work and politics. I don't know anything about you."

"Okay...so what do you want to know?"

"Not now. I wanted to invite you for lunch, so we can talk about you."

"Today?"

Shit. I want to spend the day with Tris, not with my mother.
With that I hear Tris calling me from the room. Evelyn's face is priceless, she is in shock and anger.

"Tobias?" Tris calls me from the room.

"Evelyn wait here, I'll be back in a minute."

She nods slowly and keeps staring at me with a face of disgust, anger and shock, all at the same time.
I am trying so hard not to laugh.
I go to my room to find Tris with one of my shirts on.

"Tobias. Is there anyone else in the house?" She says a little confused.

"Evelyn. She wanted to invite us to dinner." I explain.

"US? Or you?"

"You are coming with me, either she wants to or not." I say hugging her and kissing the hop of her head.

It looks like she is about to complain but doesn't say anything.

"I have to go back to her, hon" I say before I go back to the living room.

"So you have company" Evelyns says.

"Yeah"

"I though you have break-up with her already."

"I am not breaking up with her, Evelyn, ever." I say a little louder than I planned "and she's coming with me to lunch."

She looks REALLY angry, but she contains and says "as you wish, son." before she leaves.

It was too easy. I have a bad feeling about it.

I go back to the room but Tris isn't there anymore, she's taking a shower, so I make breakfast.
After we both have ate and are ready, we go out for a walk.

I know I'm only 19 and she's only 17 but I know she is the one. I love how brave she is, how selfless and intelligent. She might not be the prettiest girl of the world, but she is the prettiest girl of my world. I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. She's my everything, she's all I have, all I need, all I want. She makes me stronger, she makes me kinder, she makes me better.

We get to the chasm and we sit there, in our spot. She smiles and so do I. Then while she's looking the other way. I lean on one kneel and take out the small box that contains a weeding ring.

"Beatrice" I say.

"I told you not to call me like th-" she says while turning around. She's cut by the sight of me. She gives me the biggest smile I have ever seen.