That Time of the Year

Part 2
Jasmine

I woke up with the depressing thought that my brother died today. I smelled his burnt cookies in the air. I tasted hard brownies in my mouth. For a second I saw his glistening brown eyes staring back at me. He smiled and I tried to reach for him and then he was gone. Gone with the wind. I had to get my mind off my brother so I went to meet Liam.

"Liam!" I knock.

"Yes" he replies. "Give me a sec" He opened the door wide and I fall into his arms.

"My brother is gone." I say between sobs.

"He's not gone he is with you always."

"Not physically. I miss him"

"Come in... let's eat something." he says

Liam and I spend most the morning talking. After a long morning of sadness and reminscing Liam looked into my eyes. His pupils grew wide and he smiled. He leaned in to kiss me. It was different. Not our usual sloppy way but gentle. I felt every movement. I looked at him again and smiled leaning in to get another kiss. But my sly movements were interrupted by Treavor's special ringtone.

"I'm sorry Liam give me a second," I said apologetically.

"Hello?" I answer.

Treavor weakly replied "This is a good bye"

"Um excuse me? What do you mean?"

"Goodbye Jasmine. Don't forget me"

"What no! Stop Treavor. You scaring me! Don't do anything stupid, I'll be right there." I hang up the phone and gather my stuff.

"Liam I'm so sorry... I have to go, thank you though." I say

"What?" He outrages. You just got here. You can't leave."

"I have to. My friend needs me" I walk towards the door and Liam grabs my arm

"Let me go" I say but every second his grip got tighter and wriggling around wasn't helping.

"Fine!" Liam screams. He released me which sent my plunging into the door. I cut my hand on the edge and ran out crying. But what shattered my heart was that he never ran for me. The hallways of his apartment building were silent besides my sobs. I never thought Liam would hurt me.

Treavor

    My legs ache from pacing back and forth. My throat is dry from screaming. My face is red from crying. I had to clean up a little. When I looked up from the sink, I saw my reflection. My blue eyes look droopy, my hair is in knots and my smile was crooked. I looked a mess. I wanted to just die. Go where ever Kevin was because that was the initial plan. That we would go to college together, live together and eachothers best man's. But then he died. He's gone and I need him more than ever right now. I would kill for him to knock on the door right now.

Seconds after I thought that, Jasmine walked through the door.

"How ironic?" I say while observeing her face. Her eyes were puffy and her nose was stuffed. "Jasmine are you ok?"

Her puffy eyes grew wide, "Am I ok...You called me to say goodbye! I think this question should be directed to you!"

"Jasmine...you have blood all over you. What happened? Where were you?"

"I was at Liam's. It was just an accident." she explained. My stomach twisted and I felt adrenalin pumping through my veins.

"Did he lay a single finger on you?" I say wrapping a bandage on Jasmine's arm harshly.

"He didn't mean to. He just grabbed my hand but I pulled away and fell." Questions overflowed my mind.

"That son of a bi---" My words were cut off by the sound of glass breaking. Then I threw another glass and another. Until Jasmine took my hand and placed it in her hand. She looked up at me with her glossy eyes and rich caramel skin. We were so close I felt the steady beat of her heart.

Then we kissed.