Chapter 12

"What about me?", Abby asks.

"Just pretend you're guilty. You'll be the criminal here.". She mutters something under her breath but I didn't hear much of it. I put cuffs around her wrists and click them together. We wait until one of them isn't looking, then Ty and I (with Dean behind us) walk her over to the streets.

"Reed? Did you find them?". Crap. Who is supposed to be Reed?

"No..We lost them. Go take another full sweep and see if we overlooked. We need them.", Ty says. He nods. Him and some others head towards the zoo entrance.

"What did this one do?", a different cop asks.

"Tried to get herself into the Jaguar exhibit. Says that she wanted the pet the cub.".

"Wow. I wonder why people even try to do that. It's practically suicide. Psst. Make sure she gets help.", she says. The conversation ended at that. We got into one of the cars and drove off.

"Here's the keys Abs.", I say tossing the keys in the back.

"Really? Do people really do that?", she asks as she took off the cuffs. She rubbed her wrists.

"No clue, but it worked.", Ty says. It did and my plan was risky. She recognized the names but not the faces? I don't know if it's just me, but they seem quite clueless. "We need to get back to that car and get Starry Night.", Dean says. He was in the back with Abby.

"We have it.", Ty says.

"How?", I ask. "I grabbed it when when we ran. Dropped it in some bushes next to Helios Industries.".

"How did you get to that?".

"We went different directions, correct?", Abby says. I noticed that his eyes were on high alert. He does that when he's nervous. "Well. Let's get down there and wait for the truck.", Dean says.

Once we got there, we found the bush it was located at and took it. Ty put it back in the trunk and we decided to head back to the hotel. The hotel was mostly empty at the moment. This is the time where things usually start to die down a bit.

"Welcome sir! How may 'a help you?", the guy at the front desk asks. It was a different one from before. He had a crooked smile and an unappealing face. He sure was a cheerful fellow.

"We need to get to Room 103.", I say.

"Hold on.", the man says squinting his eyes at us. "Y'all three look like the fuegitives that'r in town". His accent sounded blatant and messy. Abby was sitting down with her hands intertwined, leaning on her lap. "Anyway. Here ya' go.". He hands us the key card and we made our way to the room. The door had the DO NOT CROSS tape on it.

Why put it there if there was no murder involved? Perhaps to investigate further? We walk in and close the door. "It's 7:35. The truck should be down here in an hour.", Dean says. No one says anything in response. Abby turns on the TV and turns the channel to the news.

"...and everyone in New York should go under lock down if these hooligans create anymore trouble.".

"The governor is still trying to decide whether that is the best decision or not. It is quite obvious that these men are very dangerous. Hopefully he will make the best decision he can.", the news reporter says.

"I don't see any reason why we haven't caught them yet. How do we let this slide? Three men steal Starry Night and somehow get away with it. They get found, and then they once again get lost, in the same day.".

"The NYPD is a bad police station. How can they blame us for being able to do what they can't? Maybe if they just trusted us, we could give aid to them.", Ty says. That's true but there is no way I am going to help that excuse for a president. We are faster, stronger, and smarter than them. We have the sixth sense for crying out loud.