Chapter 5

"Is Ty alright? Did he see into the future?", Dean asks shortly later. I glance at Ty, his pale looks concerning me. "Ty?", I ask.

"There are police cars everywhere. Once we reach Louisiana, there will be cops surrounding us. No way around.", he says after a deep breath.

"Wait, what? Talk slower.", I say. I pull us over and turn off the car. "There is a barricade of police cars in the closest town. We will get arrested if we don't turn around now.", he says in a tone much clearer.

"How do they know we're going to Louisiana, and specifically taking this road?", I ask.

"How am I supposed to know?", he asks.

"Well? What do we do?", Dean asks. We can't risk it right now.

"We'll stay pulled over. Get some sleep. Hope they're gone in the morning.". There wasn't any discussion about it. Dean would keep watch. The very last noises I heard were the soft breaths of Ty and the crickets outside the car.

"Wake up!". I open my eyes as the sun greets me. "We need to get moving.". I hop in the driver's seat and start the car with a big yawn. "They're still there.", Ty says with a straight face. I stare down the road. We're practically dead if we keep going. Unless.

"We'll charge straight in", I say.

"Are you crazy?!", Ty asks taking the keys out. "How else are we going to get through?", I ask him.

"There's no other way Bryan! Let's turn back around and wait for them to move!", Dean says chiming in. "What? And wait until they just come up here unexpectedly?". I grab the keys from Ty and put them in the ignition.

"Jesus..", Ty says grabbing his head, slowly pulling his short and curly hair back. "We're going straight to jail. Or even straight to death.", Dean says.

"Just listen to me. It'll work.", I say stepping on the gas as soon as I saw the barricade. "What will work?", Ty asks.

80 mph. 90. 100.

I slam on the brakes and the car flips completely over the barricade and lands upside down. I begin to get dizzy, seeing everything in twos. I cough a few times, spitting blood out. I looked to my right and saw Ty struggling to get loose of the buckle. He had the pistol, which was right outside the broken window.

"Get out of the car and on your knees!"., we heard one of them say. "Which idiot thought that that would work?", another said with a mocking tone.

"Get out now!". I act like I'm knocked out as someone walks up to the car. He pokes his head through the window. "Adios ancho.", Tyler says. He shoots him right in the jaw. I saw the blood pouring out of his mouth. I pull my buckle off and kick the car door off. Both must've been knocked loose once we crashed. I roll out behind the car and so does Ty.

"My god it worked.", Ty says abnormally. He had the gun up to his chest.

"Hold on! There doesn't have to be any violence here! We only want to detain your actions. Make the right choice!". I look at Ty. "I'll even put down my gun!". Ty then rose up and shot the unarmed man. The men started shouting. I look at Ty again and he nods. Both of us get up and charge at them. I was like a magnet for bullets, but none of them hit me. I punch one in the face. He drops his gun and I pick it up.

"Here you go.", I say holding the gun out to him. I then headbutt him and shoot him in the gut. One started walking up to me as he shot at me. I roll into the grass and shoot him. More cop cars started to roll in.

"More are coming! What do we do?!", Ty yells. I shoot the wheels of the new cars that were coming in. One swerves off the side and into a ditch. "Woohoooo!", Ty yells in delight. I grin and pick up another gun. I shoot two in the legs. I walk up to one of them and slam his face into the concrete road.