Chapter eighteen

The next day ,dad practically kidnapped me from the house saying he needed some alone time with me ,so i had to leave Dean alone there ,but Jason promised me he'll keep him company ,and that didn't leave me much relieved since i know he'll act all big brother and start questioning to see if he's good enough for me .Poor Dean ,he'll have a fun day .

While i was sitting now across from dad in a fancy restaurant pretending to listen while he drills me with "what are you doing with your life "question and saying stupid stuff ,like how i should focus more on my studies and forget dancing .Not to mention how he made his disappointment in me having a boyfriend without telling anyone very clear . 

By the time we finish our lunch i'm barely able to stand another stupid question ,and have a huge headache .So i run out of the restaurant telling dad that i needed to use the phone ,as soon as i was outside i texted Dean one word :Pancakes .

he texted me back immediately :

Where are you ? 

I texted him the restaurant's address and leaned back against the wall closing my eyes praying he'll be here soon so he can get me away from dad.

i hear a car stopping and open my eyes to watch as Dean gets out of the car and walks toward me, God he takes my breath away ,and just seeing him takes the ball of anxiety rolling around in my chest .

Never uttering a word he just takes me in his arms and slant his mouth over mine in a sweet sensual kiss that leaves me giddy when he pulls back 

"Hey" he smiles at me ,his eyes holding mine captive 

"hey" i respond breathless "i'm glad you came "

he pulls back a little but doesn't let go of me "i can be at the end of the world and i'll come in a flash if you asked me to "

my heart swells at his words and a smile comes to my face "did you have fun with Jason ?" i ask hoping my step brother wasn't so hard on him 

He sighs ,running his hand through his hair "i was wrong about him ,he's cool "he shrugs "he kept threatening to cut my balls if i so much as make you cry "

i groaned pressing my face in his chest "He promised me he wouldn't intimidate you "

He chuckled ,his chest moving and i looked up at him "It isn't funny "

he smirked "No ,i'm just glad to find out he just sees you as his little sister and nothing more"he says brushing a strand of hair behind my ear "i'm not okay with someone wanting what's mine "

My heart starts beating wildly at his words ,the fire in his eyes as he stares at me hits my chest and i know right then ,Dean Collins has managed to claim a big spot of my heart 

"Addison ,i ..." 

"There you are "we both turn to see my dad coming out of the restaurant ,his irritation obvious.He glances at Dean and his jaw hardens "i thought we weren't finished with our conversation" he says pointedly 

"I'm sorry ,i thought you two were done "Dean says pulling me closer to his hot body 

I glare at dad as he continuous to give Dean irritated stares "i think we finished our conversation dad ,plus i want to spend some time with my boyfriend "

His jaw hardens even more "Fine ,just don't forget to come back home early tonight "

"What's going on tonight ?"

"A special early thanksgiving dinner at the country club .i told you about it just this morning"dad responds turning his irritated eyes toward me