Chapter 8

So, I decided that I would not put anything up for Watty 2012, it's too soon and rushing a story would defeat the purpose. So I'm going to work on one story, maybe two, and I'll submit them for next year's Awards. As for my two stories on Hiatus, I do not know if I will continue those. It depends on how I feel once this story if done. I hope you enjoy this story if you are reading it.

xoxo Berry.

=============================================================================

A multitude of images flew past me in my dreams, most of them were of Nikolai, others consisted of obscurities and random snippets of my subconcious. The most painful ones were of Ryan and Aisling and all the memories we shared together. If Supernatural was any consolation, they should be together on the other side.

One of my favourite memories with them came into my dreams. It was the night we spent for my twenty-first birthday. We went to one of the local clubs and we told them I was twenty-one this year. They whipped out as much booze as they could find, all on the house. We drank and danced and I made out with an absolute stranger. Somewhere in all that chaos and drama I had lost them, so being me, I went to the restroom. I still do not know why or how, but when they found me, they said I was in a heated argument with one of the restroom stalls. As for the random stranger, I found out the day after, that she had a girlfriend who was not pleased with me. It was the best birthday they ever gave me.

Losing them is probably something I might never recover from. They filled the family void in my heart to the point that I had to stretch it. But, I did promise Nikolai and after confessing that I did love him, I don't think I can weasel out of this.

I opened my eyes and my heart, as if by natural habit, began to flutter as I was met with the sight of Nik, still in his dreams. I wanted so bad to just stay there and let my hands explore, but a little voice at the back of my mind screamed at me not to. 

Instead, I slid out of bed, so as to not wake him up and I ninja'd my way to the door.

"Don't squeak, don't squeak, don't squeak." I mentally chanted as I slowly pulled the door open. When the space opened up enough, I made a little jump to the other side and fist-pumped the air when I heard nothing. I tip-toed to the kitchen and took out some bread and other ingredients to make French toast.

As I finished mixing the strawberries with the cream cheese and syrup, I began wondering if Nik had even gotten up.

"I was up before you were." the sudden voice in my ear made me shoot up and over the counter with the most humiliatingly girlish scream in the existence of humanity. After my heart slowed down to a non-fatal pace, I looked and saw Nik, leaning over the counter laughing to his heart's content. 

"You.....should have....seen your face!" he said in between fits of laughter, his Russian accent helplessy slipping out. I began to soften up.

'No!' I thought, ' I must be strong.' Nikolai came over and wrapped his arms around me. Something tells me he's doing this on purpose. Bloody wolf with his super hearing.

"Hmph!" I grunted, crossing my arms and pouting. He just tightened his hug even more. The muscles......

'Hey! Stay strong!'

"Come on Chance, I couldn't help it," he pleaded, smiling," I'm sorry, but you know it was funny."

"Pfft," I replied,"funny. Well guess what?" I asked, dropping the spatula in his hands," You can make your own breakfast." I know I was being stubborn, it was just a joke, but I almost died. Nik just sighed,shrugged and went along his day, fixing up the french toast I had started on. Before he put the filling in the bread, he fanned himself and took off his shirt.