jonah imagine

jonahs pov

I woke up early this morning to cook y/n breakfast. I haven't been able to see her a lot recently because of rehearsals, so I thought it would be nice to make it up to her. Yesterday, after rehearsals, the boys and I went to the store before y/n came over. We bought pancake mix and bacon. We already had eggs.

I made the scrambled eggs and bacon. Then, I got the pancake mix out and began to read the directions off of the box. I put it on the pan and let it cook. I sat on my phone and scrolled through twitter while the bottom of the pancake cooked. I lost track of time a bit and rushed over to it. I flipped the pancake. When I looked at it, I could tell it was a little burned. "I'll just put this side down, so she'll only see the good side. Hopefully, she won't notice," I said to myself. I put all of the food on a plate and poured some orange juice in a glass.

I walked into my room. "y/n, good morning love," I said as I talled her shoulder.

your pov

"Good morning Jonah," I said as I rubbed my eyes. I sat up and looked at him. "Is that for me?" I pointed at the food.

"Yeah I just finished making it. I hope you like it."

"Aw babe, thank you! What's the special occasion that you had to make me breakfast?" I asked laughing.

"I just thought that since I hadn't seen you, it would be nice to make breakfast for you." He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead.

"Oh but you didn't have to." I smiled at him.

"I wanted to." He climbed into bed next to me.

We talked for a little bit before he asked, "do you like it?"

"It was such a kind gesture."

"But do you like it."

"I like it, and I appreciate it. But do you know what would make it better?"

"What?"

"If you didn't burn the pancake," I said laughing. "But I love it. Thank you."

"I thought you wouldn't notice," he said embarrassed.

I kissed him. "It doesn't matter though. The bacon is great. Want to try some?"

"No, no. It's for you."

"Psh, don't lie. You know you want to try it." I waved a piece in his face, then took a bite out of it.

"Fine," he said and reached for a piece in my plate.

"I knew you'd crack," I said laughing.

"I cracked like that egg."

"Yikes. That was bad, like really, really bad."

"I know." He shook his head.

"I'm gonna turn on the tv to forget about that terrible, terrible joke," I said as I reached for the remote.

"Good idea."

We watched tv for another hour before we got dressed and started our day.