Force Feeding

Once again, you find Nico locked in his cabin all day. It's time for dinner at the pavilion, and there's still no sign of him.

You sigh and storm off towards Cabin 13.

"Nico!" You call out, knocking. No reply. "Nico!" You say louder. Nothing.

You kneel down and start picking his lock. You had made Leo teach you how, because this isn't the first time Nico's locked himself in his cabin.

You hear a satisfying 'click', and the door opens. You smirk.

You stop smirking when you see Nico laying on his bed. He's not sleeping, his eyes are open as he stares at the ceiling, his hands resting on his stomach.

You shut the door behind you and walk over to sit on the bed. "Nico, you need to eat."

"I ate dinner yesterday," he mumbles.

"Yes, but you barely touched your food." You frown. He continues to stare at the ceiling. You think for a moment.

"I'll make you eat."

"No you won't."

"Yes I will."

"You can't."

"I can."

"I'm stronger."

"Wanna bet?" Finally, he looks at you and raises and eyebrow. Then he looks away again.

You groan. He will eat.

You go eat quickly, and bring back a dinner roll for him. You try, but he won't eat it.

You try to force him to eat it, but his mouth stays shut. You pinch his nose shut, but he just breaths through his teeth.

You huff at him.

Moments later, you're at Bunker 9.

"Leo!" You barge in. Leo jumps in surprise.

"Yes?"

"I need you to do me a favor."
(He gives you a ride somewhere on Festus)

~~~~~~

You're sure this'll work.

You stride back into Nico's cabin. He lifts his head to look at you as a familiar smell fills the air.

You kick the door shut and resume your position sitting next to him.

He lays his head back down, slightly grinning, but it fades. "Nice try, but I'm not hungry."

You set the McDonald's bag of food down as calm as you can manage. He resisted freaking McDonald's!

You glare at him silently. Suddenly, you tackle him. You hover over him, hands holding his wrists on the bed, feet pinning his ankles.

"And now how are you going to feed me?" He asks bluntly. You groan. Stupid.

In one swift motion, your feet slip from his ankles, your legs pulling up to straddle his hips; at the same time, your hands pull on his wrists so he sits up, and you pin his wrists on the bed on each side of him with your feet. You sit on his knees so he can't move his legs. The position forces your knees to bend, touching together. Your faces are inches apart.

Nico turns slightly red at your closeness and position.

You grin at him. Now he can't move. You grab the food bag and place it in the angle your torso and legs make.

You reach in and grab a cheeseburger. He just watches you. He still doesn't think you can do it. I'll prove him wrong, you think.

You tear off a bite size piece of the cheeseburger, dropping the rest back in the bag. You pinch his nose, but he does the same thing: breaths through his teeth, mouth almost shut.

You narrow your eyes at him. Your hand travels swiftly from his nose to his side, and you pinch him -- Hard.

His mouth opens so he can gasp in pain, and you shove in the piece of food. Your hand slaps over his mouth before he can spit it out.

"Chew." You command. When he doesn't, you give him a deadly look to rival his death glare.

Slowly, his jaw moves up and down a few times. Then he stops. With one hand over his mouth, your other hand plugs his nose and makes him swallow.

You smirk at him. You win. You try to feed him again, but this time, he won't stop moving his head.

He moves it around, and you frustratingly try to stop him so you can feed him.

You get more and more frustrated. "Nico!" You scream. Surprised, he stops. But it's too late, you hands drop.

"Why won't you eat?" You ask quietly. You start pouring out what you think, what you've kept in your head until now. "Why do you lock yourself up for days? Why don't you go out and participate in activities? Why don't you socialize?" Your voice steadily rises, you're looking down at your hands.

"Why do you let yourself feel the pain over and over again? Why won't you let me help?"  You look up at him.

"(Y/N) --" Nico starts, but you keep going, your emotion building up. Your feet slip off his wrists and tuck behind you. You're holding back tears.

"I want you to go have fun, I want to see you hanging out with friends! I want to see you make memories! I want to see you laugh and smile! I want to see you stop suffering!" Your voice switches to a softer, sadder tone. "I want to see you happy."

The first tear drops, and you let it. You stare silently at each other, as more tears slide down your cheeks. Nico looks at you sadly. You hated seeing Nico torn up inside and full of pain and painful memories.

"(Y/n)..." Nico reaches up and wipes away a tear. He watches his thumb brush it away before he looks you directly in the eye. "(Y/n).... You make me happy."

Your breath catches. What? But it didn't seem like you did. Sometimes, you got him to laugh and smile, and sometimes you made him smile while he's sad. But it didn't seem like you made him actually happy.

He sees the doubt in your eyes. His hands cup your cheeks, and he presses his lips lightly to yours.

You sit still, unsure what to do. You like Nico, but you never thought he'd build up the courage to kiss you. Without realizing it, you lean into him. He pulls away slowly, looking down at his/your laps.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that," he mutters. You're redder than the strawberries in the camp's strawberry field. You smile shyly.

"Well, maybe you should do it again..." You get impossibly red at your own words.

He looks up at you through his lashes, but then he smiles. He touches his lips to yours again, and it's the sweetest kiss you've ever had.

After that, Nico eats all the food you got him, with a smile on his face.