9.

Candace2 weeks later

Candace
2 weeks later...
These past two weeks have been so... peaceful. I did what Carter said and went to the police station the next day. When they went to go find him, he was gone. Not dead gone, but gone from the city, which is a relief and I hope he stays out the city because I don't want another repeat of someone getting hurt. After that was over, me and Carter have just been having the best time together. We've went to museums, arcade, the beach, he even surprised me with a romantic picnic at the park. I swear this man is everything I ever dreamed of.

Its Saturday and that means I'm off work, which means I get to spend time with my man today. I got out my bed and went straight to my closet to see what I want to wear today. Since it's a nice day outside I'll just wear something light. I pulled out a yellow two set outfit I got from Fashion Nova. As I was getting everything ready for my shower, my phone dinged letting me know a text was coming through. I went to my nightstand and picked up my phone pressing the power button to turn on the screen. I smiled when I seen my baby pop up.

Future Husband 😋💛: I'm taking you to the aquarium today so wear comfortable shoes. -11:32am

To Future Husband 😋💛: Okay babe! -11:33am

Future Husband 😋💛: See you at 1, beautiful. 😘

To Future Husband 😋💛: 😘❤️

I put my phone back on the nightstand and went to the bathroom with my towel and washcloth getting ready for today.
_____________________________
It's now almost 1 and I'm making finishing touches on my hair making sure it looks perfect. Once I got done with my hair and sprayed some perfume on, babe called me letting me know he was outside. I grabbed everything that I need and left out the door locking it while walking to Carter's car. He was already out the car holding the door open for me. When I get to the car, I gave him a peck on the lips and got inside. He closed my door walking over to the driver side to get inside the car.

He drove off heading to the highway to go to the aquarium. It was going to be an hour and half drive, so I plugged the aux cord into my phone playing some songs. The sound of Alicia Keys "Fallin'" came on and I start getting hyped singing along to it.

I keep on fallin'
In and out of love
With you
Sometimes I love ya
Sometimes you make me blue
Sometimes I feel good
At times I feel used
Lovin' you darlin'
Makes me so confused
I keep on fallin'
In and out of love with you
I never loved someone
The way that I love you
Oh, oh, I never felt this way
How do you give me so much pleasure
And cause me so much pain
Just when I think
I've taken more than would a fool
I start fallin' back in love with you
I keep on fallin'
In and out of love with you
I never loved someone
The way that I love you