8.

Continuing of the previous chapter..

Candace

I was laying on Carter's chest listening to his heartbeat while we were in my room in silence. That memory of James just took me to that depression state that I didn't want to be in. He put me through so much that I can't even look at myself in the mirror without remembering the things he did to my body. I have so much hatred for the boy that I almost wanted to switch teams, if you know what I mean. I thought I would never find a guy who will care for me like a queen until I met Carter and that all changed. I looked up at Cater just admiring his face features.

"You like what you see?" Carter asked while having a sly smirk on his face.

"Yes I do" he chuckled while placing a kiss on my forehead. I smiled while laying my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat. "Carter?"

"Hm?"

"How was your relationship between you and your ex?" I asked him. I felt him become a little tense while he cleared his throat. He took a braid from my hair and start twirling it around his finger.

"It was good at first because the only thing we did when we see each other is have sex. I met her at one of my friend's art gallery looking at an art piece and she was standing right next to me. I knew she was a little bit out my range, but she actually gave me a chance. After three months of fooling around, I asked her to be mine and she said yeah. I would want to go out on dates, but she would refuse and just stay at my place. I didn't think of it as much, until I finally got her to go to the park with me. We were walking and starting to learn more about each other until a little boy ran up to her calling her mommy. I looked at her with a confused look while she looked terrified telling her son to go play. The little boy ran to his father telling him that he seen his mommy and the man turned around see me and her together" I gasped while sitting all the way up in the bed looking over at him.

"She was married with a child?" I asked.

"Yeah. Her husband came to us and told me that I was nothing but a quick fuck while they were separated. I asked her if it was true and she nodded her head looking down. I told her to go fuck herself and left her with her family and went home. When I got home, my door was off the hinges and my apartment was damaged on the inside with most of my stuff stolen" he shook his head as I watched his jaw clench.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you, baby. I promise that I'll never do that to you" I told him placing a kiss on his cheek. He smiled while wrapping his arms around my waist placing kisses all over my face.

"I know you not going to do that to me because you are more mature. The girl I dated was 32 years old doing her husband's dirty work" he said.

"That's sad that a woman is acting out like that just to do her man's dirty work and letting her child witness it" I said shaking my head. It's one thing to use someone to get their money for their spouse, but to bring a child into the mess? That's just ridiculous.

"Yeah I know. Good thing is, they moved far away and they both in jail, but the little boy has to be with his mother's family" Carter said while making lazy circles on my side with his thumb.

"That's sad. We both dealt with fucked up people and didn't deserve to be treated the way we did" I mumbled shaking my head.