Chapter 11

In the trees and canopy above all that could be seen was the unknown faces of many battles ahead but I am ready to take them on. "Bring it on I am not scared of you! Stop cowering in your shadow and come out and face me cowards!" I hollered up at the tree trolls. I saw one of them smirk before jumping out of his hiding place only to charge straight at me but I kicked a thousand miles in the opposite direction. One after another, wave after wave, they came but I did not falter as each and every opponent came and went I countered there attacked with an even better one of my own to bat against it. I was having so much fun that I began to smile with absolute joy at the thought of taking all of them down. "Come one  I still have not broken a sweat! You guys are so pathetic!" I challenged them and in response about ten of them came bolting in my direction in a full on rage. "How pitiful you have resorted to going berserk. I see how sad." I muttered under my breathe purposefully loud enough for every single one of the dark cloaked and masked men to hear me. It was quite interesting really because they actually think they have a chance at victory. I laugh slightly then smirk before charging at the one with all the muscle taking him down with a single blow to stomach. "You looked strong but I guess appearances can be deceiving. How sad I was hoping you would put up a good fight." I spoke somewhat complaining about my unworthy foe.

After about an hour all of the strange men stopped coming. Then a few moments later I heard the sound of a sword piercing flesh ringing through my ears. I turned around and saw my mom was stabbed with a long sword near a vital spot. She stumbled backwards and collapsed to the ground blood gushing out all around her as she lay there dying. It was just awful. I heard the sound of running feet coming in the other direction I turned to the tip tap sound then back but the man was gone without a trace. I stepped over the unconscious bodies of my previous foes stopping right in front of my mom only to have myself squat down next to her where she beckoned me and squeezed her hand for a few minutes before I let go and stood up as my friends and family joined. Holding back my tears I watched as my little sisters cried out and friends cried as she laid there injured. Rain began to fall to the point you could no longer tell where our ended at the raindrops began. Almost all of up were drowning in our despair. 'It is my fault if only I was paying then none of this would have happened.' I squinted my eyes closed when I felt someone touch my shoulder. I whirl my head around to see Morgiania. "It is not your fault Kiyoshi. You tried your best that is all anyone could have wanted." Morgiania spoke trying to comfort me. "Yeah..your right Morgiania, thank you." I nodded smiling ever so slightly as a few others began to smile as well but after about five minutes my smile faded. I bent down next my sister's then pulled them into a hug and whispered "Don't worry mom will be okay. She always is besides we are not in the ideal place to commence healing but remember that mom's wounds can heal themselves." Then I released Jinora and Ikki from my grasp then the two of the looked at me and nodded before I stood back up knowing full well that only mom's own strength and will to live can save her now.