xxx. ━━ prayers for the lost

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
THIRTY ━━ prayers for the lost

 fan the flamesTHIRTY ━━ prayers for the lost

the odds are never in our favor

suzanne collins

WHEN THEY FIRST SET FOOT ON THE RUINS OF WHAT WAS left of district 8, Erin felt her heart sink to her stomach. The debris of the remains of the buildings scattered around, collecting dust. The streets empty, like it wasn't only the buildings that we're ripped to pieces. It was like they ripped the soul of the district out too.

The first person to greet them was a dark-skinned woman, who despite the losses and pain they suffered seemed strong.

Her lips were pulled in a thin line as she looked around from where she stood besides Alex, even though she wished Finnick was there. But it was clear that Finnick wasn't ready, his head like Katniss was wrapped around the idea of the people that were in the clutches of the Capitol.

Peeta, Johanna and Annie.

But she quickly shook those solemn thoughts away, she was needed her, with Katniss and with the rebellion.

"You're alive then. We weren't sure." Paylor's voice cut through the silence.

"Katniss, Commander Paylor, District 8." Boggs introduced the two. "Katniss has been recovering but she insisted on coming out and seeing some of your wounded people."

A painful look crossed Paylor's face for a moment as she probably thought about her people before she turned around and motioned towards one of the many rundown buildings.

"Well, we've got plenty of those."

Erin sighed as she fell her brother place a hand on her shoulder, assuring her thay she could do it.

It wasn't really the idea of going in that troubled her, but the idea that while she was having her own problems it was like they had put the Rebellion on hold, because Katniss was busy worring over her instead over the Rebellion. She disrupted the schedule and because of her these people were wounded. But she couldn't let the guilt eat her up, she could not help what occured her, it would have happened no matter what.

She bit her lip preparing herself as Paylor and Boggs pushed the plastic curtain out of the way so that they all could walk inside through the entrance.